Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Should I purchase more stuff to get this to work??? - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well I did a possible solution to my "digital skip" problem anyways....

I put different hard drives in my machine with a ghost back up of my OS drive on one and my music on the other... worked flawless. Video looked a little better... but not perfect. I ordered a Rator 10,000 RPM 36GIG SATA drive for my OS and a 400GIG Raid Edition SATA Western Digital Drive as well for my music. My current Micro-ATX board supports two SATA drives... I am hoping this will speed things up a bit and possibly help out with my video mixing issues. Next step is new RAM ... I hate investing into an older machine but I can use these parts for future systems if I need to. :-)

Posted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 10:18 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

It's your money my friend, I think is cheaper to change that machine in long terms. The main problem was in your GPU process, and that's why you bought a better Video Card. The second is the CPU capacity... You can even put wheels in a donkey but it still a Donkey. The Hard Disk will improve, but hold to buy things that don't work in a new system (Memory for Example, AGP is the other but you already have it). Is better to loose a % and change your current VideoCard for a PCI-e and a new system than trying to give rise a computer that has "conted" his days.

Really, if you hate to invest in this, don't do it... maybe if you search you could get the fastest chip processor your motherboard could handle at a low price, but at the end, still and old computer and you could spend more money than in a fresh PC.

I really hope you coukd do it with the new Harddisks.

Good Luck!

Posted Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 2:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)