Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Notebook + Virtual dj, some minor issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Good day. As a beta tester for Hercules I did alot of research and testing with the console. Today I can actually say that everything works fine with a desktop computer. I have some minor problems, software related I guess.
Two days ago I bought a notebook (portable) with an ADM Athlon 64+ bit 3 Ghz - 512 Mb RAM - 60 Gb harddisk - DVD+/- and some other high qualities. After installing all updates (WinXP Home edition updates + firmware updates + v1.09 of virtual dj) I have two minor problems: the screen of the notebook uses 1400x1280 resolution, when I enlarge the Virtual dj program to full screen I get a rather blurry sight. It's okay to look to it for a couple of minutes, but after a while your eyes really get annoyed.
Secondly, I get frequent "tics" in the music. The problem seems to occur after loading a music file and starting it. About 30 seconds after playing both songs together the second song seems to give a problem. I'll try to explain the "tic". It's like the music is taken away really fast and delayed for a miniscule time frame. First I thought it was the harddisk that couldn't follow the speed, but the harddisk isn't even working! The music files are loaded directly into the memory it seems. There is no high occupation of the processor or any other kind of computer hardware problem (at first sight of course). The cooling fan doesn't even start, so the system is not over loaded or having troubles running the application.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Posted Wed 21 Apr 04 @ 7:05 am
Athlon 64+ wow dude..

i've had the same problems on my Intel Laptop. it was resolved by disabling Hyperthreading and Speedstep in the Bios.

Since 'Speedstep' is an Intel-feature, i'm not sure you can disable this on your AMD laptop.

i got 3 AMD machines (all of them 32+) i've got nog problems at all.

Posted Wed 21 Apr 04 @ 9:54 am
I bought the Acer Aspire 1501Lmi - AMD 64+ bit 3 Ghz - 512 Mb RAM - 60 Gb harddiks - DVD+/- writer and of course wireless lan. But I only want to use this notebook for Virtual dj.

I think there is something like speedstep (another name at AMD) that exists. I have to look into that! Tonight I will try the hints & tips from dj Coco.

Posted Wed 21 Apr 04 @ 11:50 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i believe its called hyper transport and i think there is also one called hyper transport x (i think)

Posted Wed 21 Apr 04 @ 12:38 pm
I have more information! The Hypertransport is something that goes about the bus speed. And can not be put off!
It seems that I get the problem every 1,5 à 2 minutes. A small tick in the music that is really annoying.

I only tried the hint of dj Coco about the screen refresh. But that doesn't seem to help :-(

Can someone please help me?

Posted Wed 21 Apr 04 @ 8:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)