Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cyder, someone, advice "for now" with AC3 videos...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay, so I'm not pleased with the way things are turning out on the video side... I'm hopeful for the future, but not for now... So I ask for help and advice/recommendations.

I've been editing my own videos using NERO. I would take various chapters from movies and edit them together or use fades. In Nero vision express, I am exporting my videos to MPEG 2. In the settings I am selecting usually DVD long play (this is around 3330 Kbpm) but sometimes I use SVCD settings with HIGH quality on. There is NO adjustment for the audio in the SVCD setting, but in the DVD setting I change the audio to LPCM... there are usually two other options, AC3 5.1 and AC3 2 speaker.

Am I doing something wrong? The files I end up with WILL play in VDJ except the audio has really bad sound in the HIGHES... The videos edit fine and the export process if FAST! Could I possibly be missing something?

I have tried keeping the audio in AC3 as it comes off the DVD originally, and I downloaded the NVIDIA decoder (Even though I'm using an ATI card) but I still have LAG if I use the external decoder.... recommendations? Please?

I'm in the infancy of creating these things for my shows and I don't want to get hardcore into it until I know the files will work well and sound good.

Posted Thu 01 Dec 05 @ 8:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)