Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: WMP "Playlist" file transfer to VDJ Playlist?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lupin1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thank you for the re-download on my Laptop!
But now I have another concern...
How can I transfer my saved \"Playlist\" from Windows Media Player to the VDJ Playlist?
Does the playlist file in WMP need to be changed to another format? If so, how is this done?
Also, does VDJ have a \"Drag and Drop\" option?
Can I make a back-up copy in case my Laptop crashes or do I have to do a Re-download?
I\'ve looked at FAQ for these ansewers but haven\'t found any.
Thank-You for your time and help.
~joe

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 7:42 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can your WMP make a standard m3u playlist like Winamp and other standard players? If so, then yes; VDJ supports .m3u playlists.

I am guessing no though because Microsoft doesn't like to follow standards. They generally take a standard and bastardize it for their own convenience.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 4:45 pm
Yes, you can save your playlists as .m3u playlists in WMP. When you click "save my playlist" click "save as" then use the little scroll-list thingy at the bottom to scroll down to .m3u. From there, you can load your playlist in VDJ.

BUT! When you drag a song from this loaded playlist to a turntable, you get "ERROR". I wrote about this problem under some other topic somewhere. I've since learned that for some reason WMP put a white line between each song in its .m3u playlists, which seems to screw up its compatibility with other software. It can be fixed easily, and I hope the VDJ do so (are you listening, software writers?).

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 5:30 pm

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 5:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)