Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can´t prelisten Hercules MK2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I can´t prelisten on my Hercules consol Mk2 -i only hear the output music but not the other sourse
it worked with the old hercules consol .i use no ewternal mixer just the fader on the consol. Is there a setting in the hercules controlpanel

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 6:07 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
are you using the headphone selection knob in the front of the mk2? deckA should let ou pre-listen to deck A, deckB to deck B, Mix to the main output, and split to the main output in one ear and the non-active track in the other.

it works for me. let me know what results you get and we'll figure it out :)

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 6:31 pm
headphone selection
deck a -Nothing
deck b -Nothing
mix = follows the fader
split = right ch silent left follows fader
Think the console not OK

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 6:49 pm
Did you put the console in "DJ MODE" ?

Double click the green alien head, in system tray... and select DJ MODE...

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 6:58 pm
the driver to the MK2 doesnt have the Alienhead anymore

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 7:00 pm
1) In your VDJ config, under the soundcard tab, you selected the djconsole icon, and checked "normal mode"?

2) Did you have a dj console (first version) driver already installed on that computer? if so, maybe cleanup everything (old and new drivers), and re-install only the mk2 stuff. I read somewhere on the french forum that it was necessary (but I don't know why, nor if this could be the source of your problem)

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 11:20 pm
aah, I was able to recreate your problem :)

I use the Mixstation Skin, and I get your exact symptoms if, in the skin itself in the top left corner next to the CBG buttons, I set the headphone volume to zero (by default it's at MAX).

What skin do you use?

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 11:29 pm
@bambi - Your level have been raised to "Experienced pro user" because you have been very helpfull at forum, and have good knowledge about VDJ

Dj in norway

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 8:14 am
thanks man, I really appreciate!

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 9:37 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
About time, i vote for him too,
djbambi has good knowledge not only about VDJ but in audio and midi in general.
Good to see the right people raising here..

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 3:41 pm
i´m back on track - played a little game on the pc called format c: (everyone should try it at least once a year) and change skin the Hercules to the mixstation skin but still im not satisfied .i use only a mono headphone ,with the old hercules controller - when i load a new song - the new song get into the headphone automaticly. now i have to use a stereo pair if i dont want to change the source switch. and a could start the mix with a tap on the autobeat button but now i need to push the "start button" and then the autobeat button but i think am happy after all because it´s so close to christmas and i will send my wishlist to santa wishing some more toys for old boys ....

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 8:19 pm
thanks again apopsis and acw_dj :)
I love this community, and actually I've never stuck around a forum that long before (since 2003!)

Putte>
- For your Mono-headphone issue, I think there's no solutio. The "split" selection mode requires stereo (Master in one ear, Cue in the other).
- For "now i need to push the "start button" and then the autobeat button ", note that with VDJ ".2 introduced a way to customize the mapping of the DJ Console's buttons (but it requires C++ skills). DJCel has already implemented such a mapper that I think might fix your issue. (see http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/view.html?type=sound%20effect), the DJCMapper v1.1. Unfortunately this mapper seems to be more for the DJ Console 1 and the DJ Control mp3, so it screws up the headphone selection button a bit... but try it, if you don't like it you can always revert to the built-in mapper by deleting the djcmapper.dll in your vdj folder...

Posted Thu 01 Dec 05 @ 10:36 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Indeed as i don't have the mk2, i can't test the additional code for the mk2 only :-(

Posted Thu 01 Dec 05 @ 4:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)