Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems with downloading some new effect plugins cause of user status

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

saschapHome userMember since 2005
Hello,

i´m from germany.I know, my english is not so good.

I bought a dj hercules dj console with the added software virtual dj and new dj. The problem is that i can´t download any effect plugins cause of my user status.But i´ve bought the console and the software.I need to have a serial number but there is no serial number in the added software.In my profile i´m registered as a user having this software and the hardware but i think it´s not enough.

Can you help me please.

Thanks

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 4:49 pm
Hello,

i'm sorry to say you that hercules dj console 1 users are treated as "non licence users"
even if your version is fully functional. YOu don't need any serial number, only the plugged in console.

The new Hercules console MK2 users are treated as "home edition users"
it's mostly because with your version there's bundled an older (1.09) version of virtualdj,
and with the newer version MK2 theres version 3.x with limited features.

Many new plugins works only with the 3.x version of vdj.

@admins: is it possible to have some "console v1 user status ?" and make some limited acces to some
usable plugins in order to not have so many confused users?

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 11:44 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Agree with you lopez. "Console user" status and some limited 1.09 plugin download would be fair, though this discussion was brought up a long time ago with arrival of Hercules/VDj bundle.

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 12:47 pm
I would think a console user does own a license to use vdj and is therefore not a 'no license user', although they do use a (very) old version of the software.

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 4:36 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hercules customers of both versions are entitled to limited support for their version of Virtual DJ. And I think their is also limited plugin download avaliable.

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 5:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)