Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Opened a skin that's too big help Please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I opened a skin that has a resolution bigger than my screen can go. I can't seem to get back to the config screen to change it. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Greg

Posted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 2:29 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if you don't have a shortcut for settings, you open a zip from another skin with a good resolution.
copy the 2 files to your desktop and rename those. exectly the same name as the skin that's to big.
open the xml file with notepad and change the name. same as the skin that's to big. save it.
select the 2 files on your desktop and copy them to a compressed file. now you have 3 icons with the same name on your desktop. a xml a bmp and a zip. moove the zipfile to your skinmap.
a screan is telling you that it already exist and if you wanna moove it anyway. choose ok.

open vdj and it's workin.
good luck.

Posted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 8:46 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A simple solution:

Delete or move the "too big" skin which is currently used, and the VDj will use the default skin on restart.

Posted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 2:44 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes the Erxon's solution is the one I prefer to get rid of this.
Did it work let us know.

ƒяμﺄτ

Posted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 5:08 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you're right erxon..
with the earlier versions it gaves an error.
this is cool..

Posted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 8:20 pm
Man, this is an old post.

This happens when you try to load a skin that is too large (screen resolution) for your display. For examply trying to load a 1920x1080 skin on a 1366x768 display will cause this problem. Not being able to access the config button it simply a matter of it not being on the screen. You can't blame the skin designers for not putting their configuration or "settings" buttons in a place that is accesible if it is loaded on a display that it isn't intended for.

VDJ will warn you on start up if you are trying to load a skin that is too large for your display. If however this doesn't happen you can solve the problem by downloading the registry editor tool here: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html

Just delete the skin referenced and hit apply,l then restart virtualdj. Problem solved

The other solution would be to remove the offending skin from your default skin directory i.e.
Users\my documents\virtualdj\skins\toobigskin.zip

Just delete that file and restart. It will load the default skin and away you go.

Chuck

Posted Sun 24 Apr 11 @ 8:26 pm
omg registry tool just calmed me down. thanks for the solution. i downloaded TC Mixmaster 05, because i was wanting a simple control with a lot of browser space for music. I like the format but there is a bug with the Set button so i could not change the skin i could not get back to the setup page, i will now create a shortcut to get me back to setup and i won't have this problema again. But the registry tool worked great. i just deleted the name of the skin and restarted virtual and it defaulted back just as you said. thanks again for advice.

Posted Sat 28 May 11 @ 12:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)