Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Which is better - Maya 44 or Delta 66 ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djtybPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi there,

I am considering a new sound card...either the Maya 44 or Delta 66.

I am currently using an M-Audio 1010-LT.

VDJ works just fine when using my on board sound card and letting VDJ automix everything, but if I switch to use my TCCDs and Numark CDXs, it randomly freezes up the computer ALWAYS.

Since this NEVER happens when using the onboard motherboard sound card, it has to be the M-Audio card.

Do I need to use the ASIO for all driver with the 1010LT, or do the drivers it comes with work just fine ?

Would I be better off buying a new sound card ? I play all videos with VDJ - straight ripped .VOB files and it works 100% fine with the internal sound.

Please advise people - what should i do??

Thanks much in advance!!!

DJ Ty

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 12:44 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
My recommendation between maya and delta is delta.
But you already have a delta...
As far i know all M-audio delta series cards are based on the same chipset/driver, what changes is only the number of I/O.
If you have problems with your 1010LT, i doubt if delta66 is any better.
It can be something on your system, a shared irq maybe, try to change pci slot, update your bios to the latest, check for a setting like "pci latency timer" in your bios setup and experiment with it.

Ps. if you sell your 1010 cheap pm me.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 3:01 am
djtybPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I will try moving the card around and make sure it isnt sharing an IRQ.

Do I need to install that ASIO4ALL software that I read about on here?

I am going to try setting up VDJ using the M-Audio card as a stereo pair out and see if the automix crashes through a pair and NOT using the TCCDs.

Any other suggestions people ????

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 8:44 am
Asio4all is a (free) option for cheap cards without asio drivers.
Basically is a wdm to asio adapter... not a real asio driver, but it works in most cases.
M-audio have good drivers for sure, but at the other hand, it's free and safe to try asio4all (no garbage in registry.. that's important..)
Let me know.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 9:28 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i use asio4all and it works great, i think i get somewhere in the range of 5ms of latency with my cards.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 2:59 pm
But what soundcard you have ? A soundblaster ? we're talking about delta 1010 here.
Not a good idea to pay for a pro card with regular driver updates and use a free generic driver, even if it work.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 3:33 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

My vote too is for Delta 66. But the M-Audio 1010LT already have 4 line inputs and 4 line outputs and is ASIO 2 compatible. You DON'T need ASIO4ALL, your current ASIO drivers which comes with 1010LT must work with VDJ. Try to uninstalling the current drivers, reboot and install them again.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php#

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 8:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)