Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Headphone Preview: Stutters

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This is a stumper: When I headphone preview songs before putting them in vdj decks and skip through the song, it often gets stuck on an endless loop, stutters. Only happens when I skip through it, say to the midpoint. Again, this is cueing in the columns or playlist for preview. Happens every other time in 1.08. It's worse in 1.09 -- at times caused vdj to freeze for a short bit so now back at 1.08. Already tried 'Skipping Solutions' thread suggestions. Played w/lots of combinations of config. settings to no avail. Have been able to solve other quirks vdj had on my setup but not this one. Oh, it doesn't have this problem in the decks when skipping or forwarding thru.

I've always had this preview problem in 1.08 but just lived with it. Don't want to anymore though. Haven't heard anyone else with same problem so probably something on my system. Dunno. Any ideas?

----------------
Toshibal Satellite 1955 series laptop: Intel P4 2.53 GHz, 1 G SDRAM, XP Home

Posted Wed 07 Apr 04 @ 7:44 pm
i had this prob on my Intel machine. It's strange, but it was solved by disabling Hyperthreading AND Speedstep in the bios.

There was no problem at my AMD machines (i have 2), so i guess it has something to do with Intel-processors.

Posted Thu 08 Apr 04 @ 5:16 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thank you DJCannonball. I'll give it a try.

Any performance penalty disabling hyperthreading/speedstep?

Support: I found a thread with this suggestion for disabling hyperthreading just for vdj: "Run VDJ, then press CTRL-ALT-DEL and find virtualdj.exe from Processes window tab, right click that row and select the bottom item from the menu, this will give you possibility to "assign processor" to either "CPU 0" or "CPU 1". Now just deselect either 0 or 1 and "OK". "

But when I go to virtualdj.exe from Process window in xp home, it doesn't show "assign processor" ; but instead 'Set Priority' at bottom. Is there another way to do this in xp?

Posted Thu 08 Apr 04 @ 5:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)