Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Promotional Video Clips.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there anyway of doing this in VDJ guys ?

We want to play a promo video clip using VDJ whilst still using both decks on VDJ to play audio. Is this possible in anyway? maybe a skin perhaps ?

I know I can do it using 1 deck and playing the video on the other, but we want both decks free for mixing audio. Don't want to have another program running at the same time and task switch the video output either really, Currently, we have to take a spare DVD player with us and a video switch box.

Was thinking it would be a good option in the config, under the 'when no video is available do this' section. (with a loop option - promo video clip may only be 20 seconds long).

So if its possible with a skin or a plugin great, if not i will request in the new features forum as well - I would imagine it would not be too difficult to implement.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 12:10 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
How about using a second instance of VDJ? (Like multiinstance VDJ)... I think that fix your problem. You have only to double-click your VirtualDJ icon in your desktop a second time.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 6:04 pm
Wouldn't the two instances 'fight' for the video output screen ? Its been recommended in the 'new features' forum and has been suggested maybe having video/audio 'samples' instead of just audio samples

Posted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 12:28 pm
Nick,

As you describe, the answer is no. If you are using one Instance of VDJ for music and the other for Video, you don't have any troubles. You could mix between these 2 instances too.

You could configure each instance of VirtualDJ for work as one or two work as 2 different configurations. They could use the same resources: soundcard, video... or use a different sound card (or video config). VirtualDJ it's a great program.

It would be nicer to play a video clip and loop it like a video option as you have requested.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 4:19 pm
so you saying if you use this skin its like having 4tt right. if so what config do i have to setup for that or is there a hot key for that. thanks

DjKboogie

Posted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 11:14 pm
I meant to open 2 VDJ. If you want to use the mutinstance skin ok, but even without that skin you could open and switch between these VDJs (like any other windows program) and do what you want to. When you mix from deck to deck 3 you could use one crossfader, you have to use 2. When you put these connected to a 4channel mixer is better.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 2:35 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
that would kick ass having video loops as well as audio loops in the sample bank

Posted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 3:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)