Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Protection Error 32 after buying the product!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So here we go, another "satisfied" customer.

I bought VDJ a few hours ago. When starting all I get is "Protection Error 32". I contacted the support, mail got auto-rejected. I used the support form, now my problem lies there unread for about 2 or 3 hours. So whats this about? Can anybody tell me how to fix this? I paid for the software, so now I want it to work as expected.

I´m starting to feel like I have been ripped off here.... :-(((

Posted Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 2:20 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First: welcome !

Secondly:
The support is only accessible here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/support/e-service/

Thirdly:
We are on week-end, so you can understand that people may take some free time out of this forum, no?

Fourthly: if you had paid before using an illegal version, you would not have this problem today

So please, be patient, your problem will be solve as soon as possible ;)

Posted Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 3:28 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks K!
Remember, many of the support staff are DJ's. As a rule, weekends are the busiest time for DJ's.

Posted Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 3:38 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Right Rick ;)

Posted Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 3:41 pm
Well, I´m really p*****. Guess what, it locked up on me, again! What the heck is this all about? How many times do you expect a customer to ask for a working product he PAID for?

About that weekend thing: You are selling software 24/7 so you have to support 24/7 - full stop.

Copyprotections are OK if they help keeping up sales, but not if they lock out your customers.

Now get this thing working again, please.

Posted Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 4:29 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Mike,
I might suggest copying your set up exe and then deleting every tidbit of VDJ that shows up in a search on your system.
Check your registry also and then try reinstalling.

I dont know how long you have been using dj programs but a little tolorance goes a long way with getting help.

I have 6 differrent programs, each of them with their own quirks, some fixed some not. I have a program that I have waited a year for a remedy for and am still waiting. And I paid pretty big bucks for. Another one I paid for based on future ware and they still haven't come acrosss. And, I have to recourse with them, not refund, nada, jack, zip...........

You can't expect support on weekends from any of these companies, forget about it.
We all have to take steps to prevent problems such as back up systems and install copies etc..

I have never had an email not returned or a problem not addressed with these folks.
You are going about it all wrong, trust me, take a breath.
This program is the most kick @ss thing out there right now, friends you need, enemies you don't.

There are lots of people that might be able to help you in the future, play nice man............

Posted Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 5:10 pm
Wow.
You should remember that the virtual dj support team is staffed by volunteers. People who have volunteered to help people who are having difficulties with the software. We volunteer because we use the product a lot, and are very familiar with it.
We volunteer because by and large the community of users of this product generally try to be well spirited and appreciative of our help.
I'd say there is more than one way to get the help you need. You can continue to rant about a protection error which everyone who uses these forums knows has to do with suspicious versions of the product that we all use legally. OR, another way might be to write in with the attitude of a fellow user who is having a small problem and ask for some help to get it solved.
I think you'll find this to be a helpful forum. Remember that thousands of people use this product without issue. Once the staff of volunteers helps you get up and running, you'll be happy. Once they do... remember to say thanks, they give their time and help out of what should be a mutual respect for the users.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Be sure to completely UNINSTALL any and all previous versions of virtualDJ that you have ever had installed, then reinstall ONLY the install file that you purchased. Then check and double check to get the serial number inputed properly. Then if you still have problems, write in for e-service, and it will be addressed once and for all.

Posted Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 5:14 pm
*takes a deep breath*

Yeah, maybe you are right. But the thing is, it´s not like it´s crashing on me (and I hope it will not, too :-)). It´s that I paid, and got next to nothing from Atomix. Sure, I got a working serial immediately, but what is it good for, when this programm thinks it could stop working every 5 minutes with another reason I don´t know of. I hope I´ll get it unlocked again in short time and afterwards I will lock out "E.T." with my firewall.

*still shakes his head in disbelieve*...

Posted Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 5:16 pm
@Rick: On the one hand you are right. Having volunteers helping is good.

But on the other hand: This is a commercial product. So I can expect professional help, can´t I ?

I´d really like to see your attitude when you pay for something which does not work. Guess you wouldn´t be too happy either?

From my point of view: I pay. Software does not work (Prot. 32). I wait a few hours, for someone to unlock it. It works - for a few times (started it three times, than again Prot. 128). Next, you tell me to stay calm, and be grateful if somebody helps me. .... You see, that´s not the way it´s supposed to be. I´m the customer - Atomix should be grateful for me buying their product. In the end this will all work out good, that´s at least what I´m sure about. But I think it is also necessary to "rant" about these issues, because it´s definitely tooooooo much to take. As said before, a protection should not jail out paying customers.

But anyway, I think I calmed down now. I´m tired of pushing myself over the edge with this software. So, if anybody in here can help - feel free to do so. I´d appreciate it.

Posted Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 5:25 pm
please tell us what computer you have and what's in there and I think I can help you,this looks like it's the computer you got what do have laptop or tower ?

Posted Sun 04 Apr 04 @ 3:41 pm
Nope, a protection error can only be helped by writing e-service.

Posted Sun 04 Apr 04 @ 8:29 pm
The problem has been solved already. Anyway, thanks for offering your help.

Posted Mon 05 Apr 04 @ 12:39 pm
i'm curious.. what caused the problem and how did ya fix it?

Posted Wed 07 Apr 04 @ 8:31 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
The problem has been solved by our services. No need to explain it here.

Posted Wed 07 Apr 04 @ 8:38 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
LOL

Posted Wed 07 Apr 04 @ 11:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)