Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Advice For Someone Looking for Best Setup Solution

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djsluePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I Am Setting Up My Timecoded Vinyl Setup For The First Time. I Am Ready To invest money in this software and setup, But want to know waht you guys recomend. I have 2 Tunrtalbes And a Mixer and Virtual Dj Time Coded Vinyl.
I Know Maya 44 usb Soundcard is good to get but its hard to come across.
Would a Mixer Like Numark dm950Usb work? and what internal or extrenal soundcard options are out there?

What is needed for Virtual dj to work the best in low latency mode? ASIO Drivers and just 4 Sterio I/O

Thanks

steve

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 6:40 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
If the Numark DM950USB is a Mixer for you; buy it and hold your purchase for an external Sound Card. The Numark USB Mixers don't have ASIO Drivers, but are a good option and could be use with ASIO4ALL to get working. This is not the best option for low latency, but you could be surprise with the response with ASIO4ALL and this internal USB sound cards from Numark Mixers. I recommend you to buy this mixer (950USB) or the CM200USB (looks better to me) if you need a mixer or want to upgrade what you have now.

The best solution with low latency is with sound cards around $300 to $600. If you couldn't get Maya 44 USB, look for M-Audio Delta 44 or any of M-Audio Delta Series. If you want one for a laptop, you need M-Audio FireWire 1810. There are another options, but still a debate if there are good or there are not. I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum and it works at 2ms latency in ASIO mode. I think the X-Fi Platinum is a good choice too and the Professional Series of Creative (E-MU 1820 and E-MU 1616). This options need a fast PC or Laptop (P4 or AMD 64) to get the low latency working at the lowest posible and working fast.

Good Luck!

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 5:42 pm
djsluePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks!! That Was Excatly what I was looking for, What options I have to looks for,

Thanks Again, Not Sure if your into hiphop music but if you are check out my site. www.hiphophits.net. Lots of free mp3 promos to play with in virtual dj

Thanks
Steve

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 6:41 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Your welcome... thanks for the hip-hop site.

Have a nice weekend ;-)

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 6:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)