Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode - ASIO sound + internal sound card not working together

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

5 days in on the trial version and I am hooked on this program, I have pretty much stopped using all the others and started the process of gathering new hardware for use with Virtual DJ, but now there is an issue....

I gathered my gear and went to a friend's house that has the full version of Virtual DJ for a night of testing and goofing around. Everything was going great until I tried to use my Technics SL-DZ1200 and Timecode CD.

----------The Rig
-Sempron 2600 1.5 Gig Ram
-Mobo Sound AC97 5.1
-SoundBlaster Live Value
-M-Audio USB Audiophile (ASIO2)

----------The Initial Setup
Using the Mobo AC97 5.1 sound
-MAIN OUTPUT - master out
-REAR OUTPUT - Headphones
This configuration works great with no issues

---------The Problem Setup
keeping the above setup I now went to use the timecode configuration. I went into the timecode config and selected the M-Audio the timecode CD was recognized and all looked good. BUT....

Once I pressed OK the audio no longer came out of the AC97 it insisted on using the M-Audio ONLY. The timecode CD worked great though it responded flawlessly. :)

If I go back in and open the sound configuration everything is the same as before, when I press OK the sound returns to the AC97, but the timecode stops working. I also tried using the advanced configuration and other combinations using the AC97 and the SoundBlaster. Every time I configured the timecode it stopped using all other audio sources except the M-Audio USB Audiophile.

Am I limited to using only 1 device if I want to use the Timecode feature?

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 2:33 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Yes, you are limited to only one device using Time Code. If you want a multidevice option working you may use the ASIO4ALL and select your devices there. In VDJ select ASIO4ALL as your ASIO card, and you could get all working.

Demo is limited; if you want to use VDJ full potential, buy it.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 5:03 pm
I'll look into ASIO4ALL thank you,

I noticed this on almost all the threads posted by non registered users, after every question the comment "buy the full version..." is the immediate response. It's very discouraging, a smart buyer will look to see if the software will first work for him/her before buying the full version. Instead of giving the impression "you're on your own until we have your cash" you may want to help with the pre-purchase issues.

Also if you read carefully I packed up my gear and went to visit someone who does have the full version of the software :D After reading so many comments about the trial version's limitations it seemed like the SMART thing to do.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 7:04 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

You’re a smart guy, but its easiest help when you have full version... I like this one: Remember the Matrix scene when Neo is going to take the pill to find the true?...

Here is information not available to non registers users, which simplifies and get the best of VDJ. I don't know all about VDJ, but what I know is enough to tell others "buy it". Some users lie to us, and use illegal version and some of them have many troubles... We get mad sometimes I apologize if I offend you in some way, but really the smart way to use VDJ is buy it. Other options have many issues or limitations..

The Demo version let you probe what can be done with VDJ, but it's limited, and when you want to use a nice feature that isn't in the demo you have to believe that feature works... It's not easy for anyone, but I can't do anything in there, only tell what I know, the feature works or is available in full version. You are now in the limit of this, that's why I tell you to buy.

One of the reasons to tell you "buy" is because if you have full version you could do what you want with the purchased VDJ.

I didn't mean to be rude; I only want you to have the best solution.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 7:59 pm
Sorry I was getting flustered trying to see if this would work for me. Since I have the Trial Version and everyone is saying the full versions gives you all these extra options I went to see someone who is using the full version.

Using the full registered version is when I experienced the problem above. I do understand the frustration of all the members that are angry at the people using the hacked or cracked version. It's annoying because you don't know what's been tampered with in the cracking process and can create a bad version of the VirtualDJ software, thus giving it a bad name.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 3:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)