Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Frsit Time Setting Up Turntables And TCV.. No Sound! Please Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djsluePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Okay. I really want to get this working. I have been using Virtual Dj for a few yeas now. and Love it.

This is What I Have 2 numark TT1625's Numark dm950 mixer, Maya Ex5 With Asio 2.2 drivers. and a Home PC With proper requirments.

This Is How it is setup each tables plugged into the phono channel 1/2 and a Sterio Mini RCA from my output into my analog input on my Maya Ex5. I tried Severl Different Configurations and can't get anything to work at all. I am using the newest Virtual Dj 3.0 Demo. and planning to buy the full version but want this to work before I invest anymore $$.

I tried The low latency mode and the standard mode . Not a Sound!!

Maybe I am not using the right cables. or soudcard. I thought I jsut needed one that uses the Asio mode and mine does.

Can Anyone Help Please Let Me know.....I'm Desprite Here haha

Thanks
djSlue

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 1:51 am
I Forgot To mention I Have it grounded to my pc not my mixer.

Thanks

Slue

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 2:53 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
With your Maya EX5 only have one Line input, you could get 2 TCVs working with this. You need a sound card with 2 Stereo LINE inputs (4 Mono) like the Maya 44 USB.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 7:13 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Acw is right, what version are you using, In 3.1 the maya works great, however its not possible to route soundcards in the demo.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 7:25 am
"you could get 2 TCVs working with this" I can get two turntables and TCV working with this or no? What About with 2 Sounds cards. my onboard and my maya ex5 usb. I have two raca to mini headphone jack So I could use both sound card input and not use the ASIO Driver? If I can't Use This Soundcard in Asio 2.0 mode can you please recomend some I can and what excatly are the features I need. i'm new to turntables and thank you for The Help. can't Wait t oget this workin. Just Please let me know what options I have with my existing setup

Steve

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 8:33 am

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 2:38 pm
(continue)
Because you need 4 inputs (2 Line stereo inputs) with ASIO drivers to get full functional your TCV set. The only probe USB sound card is the Maya 44 USB. Another possibility is use the M-Audio Delta 44. The main thing is that you need an ASIO card with 4 inputs (or more) to use the TCVs (and its better if you use a soundcard that it's already probe with VDJ).

Options on soundcard available:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/41213/Hardware_Technical_Support/CDJ1000s_and_Virtual_DJ.html

You could use a mixer like DM950USB or CM200USB from Numark with ASIO4ALL and use the TCVs.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 3:01 pm
"Acw is right, what version are you using, In 3.1 the maya works great, however its not possible to route soundcards in the demo." -DJ Cyder

So I Can Get This To Work With My Soundcard in thE full version? Or Do I need a dfferent soudcard. Is There Anyway To Have THis Setup?

low latency mode or standard mode ?

I jsut want somthing to work for now, I will upgrade later if I have to.

Thanks
Steve

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 5:35 pm
Can I Used Rca To min Headphone Jack and use the line in on each soundcard and have it in abosolute mode? I found a Maya 44 Usb Soundcard and am going to buy it next week when I have some more cash. but would like t ohave this work some way now if possible

Sorry. I'm new at this turntables thing and not too Audo literate.

Thanks for The Help
Steve

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 5:49 pm
You can use a RCA to mini headphone jack to get connected when you need to. After you got the Maya 44 USB you could try ASIO mode.

The first thing you better do is buy VDJ, then Maya 44 USB, and after that the TCVs. You could more with the register version of VDJ than you could do with the demo.

Good Luck!

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 7:40 pm
I own the Virtual Dj TCV already. I am going to buy the maya 44 usb and Full Versions of Virtual dj but am kind of un sure of buying this software if I can't get any sound at all.

With My Maya ex5 and my onbaord sound card can I use these for the time being in standard mode. not low latency mode.

Thanks For all Your Help So Far

Steve

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 7:49 pm
You could use VDJ as usual, but not with TCVs unless you have 4 inputs (2 Line stereo inputs) in your sound card or use ASIO4ALL with 2 soundcards.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 9:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)