Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Master / PGM to Headphone / CUE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

KKinskyHome userMember since 2004
Hi!

I already posted in the DJ Console Area (see http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=4142), but as I thought about it some more, I don´t think this request is limited to the DJ Console, but to all Multi-Soundcard / 3D-Soundcard setups.

I´ve given a description of what I would like to achieve in the above mentioned post, but to give a short summary: I would like to be able to switch the Master/PGM Signal into the Headphone/CUE Signal. It would be like cloning the output of the main channel into the secondary. If I could even fade the master signal in and out, that would even be better.

How is everybody else handling this? Or am I really the only guy who likes to monitor his mixing on the headphones for more accuracy?

bye

Posted Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 9:48 pm
you can do that if u had the full version and 3d sound card

Posted Thu 01 Apr 04 @ 12:09 am
@Smokey: I have a Full Version and the Hercules DJ Console. Can you tell me how to set things up as explained by KKinsky? I tried to figure this out, but have not yet found a suitable setting. Thanks.

Posted Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 7:39 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The easiest way to do this is to set the mix level of the headphone.

In fact, you can have on headphone the selected desk and a part of the other on. By default, you have 100% of the active desk and 0% of the other one.

So you can change it to 50% - 50 % maximum and you will listen to the both desk at the same level.

To do this, you have two different ways:
1- Use a skin that have the headphone mix feature on it.
2- Create a shortcut to do it:

the action to set is "headphone_mix" and the value to add is "4096" (50%-50%) or 0 (100%-0%).

I hope this help, good mix!

Posted Sun 04 Apr 04 @ 7:31 am
i have 2 tips for ya:

1) use an external mixer, 1 with a cue-level knob (if you got the money)

2) if you don't have the money, upgrade to 1.09 and enable the '7.1 soundcard' option.

i haven't tried the seccond one yet, but according to other users, it should work just fine. i'm gonna try this out myself tonight.

Posted Mon 05 Apr 04 @ 10:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)