Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How should I build a cheap PC to utilise VDJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tSlaterHome userMember since 2005
I've got a small budget to work with, about $800.. and i want to perform with vdj for my birthday in a month. But the pc i have currently is unstable with audio, and is too slow and will often create "broken-record" effects even with winamp, so i need a new pc.

The thing is, I don't know a THING about PC hardware and I really don't know what hardware I will need and what hardware I don't need. I know it might be asking a bit much, but would anybody happen to know what parts I will need to build a pc for around $800?

I've had several friends tell me everything I need to build a pc, down to the processor and monitor and everything, but they all disagree with eachother as to what I need, so I figure maybe somebody here will know what is best to work with VDJ.

I don't play games on my pc much, so all I really need is something stable and reliable, and works well with audio, and something I could slowly upgrade as I make more money.

Thanks to anybody who can help me with this.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 5:52 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
well the 1st thing i'd do is buy VDJ, so now you have $650 in your budget. If you don't know anything about hardware how can you build a pc?? a pc with a current processor should be fine, the real issue is RAM and soundcard. just look at the requirements of VDJ and make a pc that easily will accept it and you ok.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 6:11 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 7:29 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 8:09 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 8:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)