Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ vs. Mixvibes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i was looking at mixvibes, dont ask why but i see for $203 you get the software, 3 TCV and 2 TCCD, i think VDJ should sell some combo deals, it might help with sales. I also noticed that MV ripped off the overlapping waves, they might have always had them but still come on. The biggest difference is MV has NO video, but can handle up to 4 turntables. Has anyone used this, i was wondering about pros and cons, just for curiosity sake..... i am a VDJ user and believe it is the best out of all the rest. IMO atomix need to put video on the backburner and focus on audio ASAP. I am a new user but I have been an ATOMIX fan for a long time so my choice was easy but for a new comer with all this other software most of it priced twice as much as VDJ it gives atomix some attention....but MV is in the same price range and has some different features that could infuence a dj.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 4:09 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

With VDJ can handle multinstance so, if you have enough inputs, you can handle 6 or more turntables at once...

It would be more easy a selling in a packed version with TCVs and TCCDs. And agree with you in the sound, must have another improvements to clearly be the best.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 4:31 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I own both..
Search the forum, there was a topic where i wrote a short comparison.
The latest "pro" version of MV support video, but it is in early development.
And to use 4 TC vinyls you need expensive hardware, 8ins/8outs...
What i do is interesting: I use both Virtual dj and Mixvibes Dvs at the same time using a maya44 usb
Maya's Asio drivers are "ASIO multiclient" (very few cards support this...)
This give me 4 players (with TC support) routed on 2 mixer channels...

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 4:33 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
true i forgot about multi instances, i was only compairing the basic timecoded version, as the pro version would be $306 and then the price get a little more then VDJ. hey i check that search, thanks Apopsis i know sky can be the limit but i was only compairing as a new user looking at software. BOTH!! at the same time, thats a whole lot of ziga ziga, you use the same mixer and can use all 4 at the same time or 2 mixers??

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 4:41 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol almost all ASIO cards are multi client (infact its a reqirement of ASIO 2.0 certification). and wouldnt you need to change the TCVs anyway are they compatible with each other?

Posted Sat 24 Sep 05 @ 5:00 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Read my post again, i was talking about "Asio Multiclient" wich is different animal...
- Multiclient drivers: MME/DX/Wdm/Asio/Gsif(Giga) can used at the same time.
(Lets say one application use Asio and another use wdm.)
- Asio Multiclient : 2 or more apps using Asio at the same time.
Very few cards have "Asio Multiclient" drivers as far i know.

Yes TCV's are different, usually i have the one application controlled by the TC and the other by keyboard or midi -to avoid confusion- in my "advanced" setup..
The same can be done with 2 instances of vdj

@listen2,: one mixer/2 inputs only...4 players

Posted Sat 24 Sep 05 @ 3:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)