Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Service pack 2 and VDJ & computer freeze!!! + .mcg files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has anyone else had the same problem. Just had to re-install everything on my laptop, first time in about a year......... I let win update install everything, then installed service pack 2 for XP.

The result is that while i'm on VDJ or indeed just anytime on my laptop, the screen + sound would just stop. If i moved my mouse then it would re-start, after a while then the system would crash and freeze everything. I remember when I first started using VDJ, I thought I'd get my system upto date and then installed SP 2 and the same happened then. I then started from scratch and just loaded what I needed to do my job.

I've had no probs since until now........ I have just uninstalled service pack 2 and everything now seeem to be working fine.

Has anyone else had this problem or know why this happens????

PS. been with VDJ since v1.1 and can not imagine using anything else!!! it's the bee's knee's...........

ALSO, at mo i'm just coverting my files to mpg's as i'm using .mcg files from cavs. Would it be possible to get a decoder for VDJ so I can play .mcg files???

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 9:07 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I have my PC with Windows Professional SP2 and I work with VDJ with out a problem.

If you uninstall VDJ and install SP2 after that. Reboot, install VDK again. Probe your computer, your sound card , video card (use a program that intensive uses this 2 factors; maybe a game) if your computer works fine, install VDJ. Try it.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 7:15 pm
Try what acw_dj says, besides, if installing VDJ after installing SP2 doesn't work, probe your computer with programs like 3D Mark (http://www.3dmark.com/) and also check DirectX (Start menu, then click on Run and type "dxdiag.exe" without the cuotes.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 7:27 pm
Don't forget to install the lastest direct X to your Windows! SP2 don't give you the DirectX 9 files used in VirtualDJ 3. DirectX 9.0c is another upgrade you should run after installing SP2.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 7:31 pm
acw_dj, DirectX9C comes already with SP2, at least with the TI developers pack which is around 270 MB I think

Posted Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 7:34 pm
Thanks Alberto,

Oh boy... well I miss that, but when you update with out this 266MB file I'm not sure if install DirectX 9 automatically, cause DirectX ask for reboot and after you install SP2 only do one reboot... I have to check this.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 1:35 am
It installs DirectX9.0c, but I think that Microsoft released a new redistributable pack of DirectX9.0c in February, so if you have problems, but initially, SP2 for TI developers comes with DirectX9c

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 12:21 am
Thanx guys, just re-installing everything now and will then install VDJ afterwards. Will let ya know if verythings ok then.

Cheers.

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 11:35 pm
Glad you sorted out....

Posted Wed 21 Sep 05 @ 12:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)