Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What is the delay in responding to my support message?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have sent a message through the support link regarding downloading Virtual DJ 3 after my PC crashed. Anyone there tell me what's the delay?
S

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 4:06 pm
Maybe they are busy. You are not forgotten.

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 4:29 pm
I did take into account the fact that I sent the message at 01.54am (GMT) and expected that it might be several hours before anyone read it. So far we are coming up to 14 hours which is slowly creeping towards 24hours. You'll have to forgive me I'm just itchin' to get hands back on those decks and try out some of those plugins. lol.

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 4:44 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You guys really need to save your installs just for this reason.
What did you do with the install file, is it still on your system?

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 5:03 pm
You know I'm always the first one to tell people to either backup or make a copy of the original installation files, after all I've been playing about with computers and music since I was 9.
But, at the time that I got Virtual DJ I had only 1 hard drive, a cd rom player, and the floppy drive was out of comission. It was only in the last few months that I, have financially been able to get a 2nd hard drive and upgrade all my hardware. By which time the original installation files would have been cleaned off the system, either accidentally or automatically, to give me more space on my 1st hard drive.

Then the big crash came!
And after 24hours of having to re-install everything, one of the few things that I didn't have on disk was my Virtual DJ software. Thus I had to contact support and the forum. However I have been working off the Virtual DJ trial software for the last few weeks and like most other packages once the time period elapses, you are usually offered the chance either at buy it or enter your serial number.

I appreciate that the support team is very busy and also that there will be time differences between our locations and that, is why I am not stressing about it. I know I have alot of music to mix but this whole crash experience has been a god send for my PC. I can't remember the last time it ran so fast.
S

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 6:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)