Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: .5 second gaps in playback

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pDrewPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm using a fully registered copy of 3.1 (serial supplied if needed) and the Hercules console on a P4 3ghz laptop with a gig of RAM running XP Pro. I have turned off just about every service I can find, no auto updates, firewalls, AV etc but I keep getting .5 seconds of silence every few minutes.

I realise that the problem is probably with my system rather than the software but any help would be appreciated.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 5:33 pm
Anyone...?

I have now created a new hardware profile disabling all the network connections and anything else I can think of and still the problem persists.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 4:55 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
This thing only happens with VDJ, if you use your MP3 in WinAmp or Windows Media Player, this not happens, ok?

Use VDJ in Config->General->reactivity in Medium.

If this don't help, unnistall VDJ, reboot. Install it again, reboot, and try again VDJ.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 6:05 pm
Yes, this only happens in VDJ and I have tried your suggestion but the problem remains

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 10:00 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It seems to be like an usb problem or something linked to a lack in the transfer of data (RAM, HD) as it comes periodically each 0,5s

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 1:53 am
It's unlikely to be RAM or disk space. The problem also exists with the Herculkes version, I uninstalled 3.1 and re-installed 1.09 and it was still there. It's also there if I do not use the hercules console.

Anyone got any ideas?

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 10:27 am
Is it a silence or a skip in the song?

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 12:11 pm
It's a silence, the song starts again at the exact point the silence started. It's like the program freezes momentarily

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 5:18 pm
Bump

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 12:38 pm
Verify you don't have spyware or virus as it can be the reason why

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 1:37 pm
I am almost positive that nothing like taht is running. I shall check later tonight and report back :)

Thanks for your help by the way, much appreciated.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 4:32 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
How many processes are running in task manager?

Is this an OEM xp pro or bundled with your system when you bought it.
In other words, did you install the os or was it a factory install.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 4:39 pm
There are very few processes and nothing out of the ordinary. I havve disabled network connections in this hardware profile and I shall uninstall the spyware software I have later.

It's a shame this is happening, I have installed a demo of Traktor and nothing like this happens even with all the services etc running.

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 12:20 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
PDrew,

I run my computer my many processes and I can run VDJ with out a problem. Like in this moment I have 13 programs open (including VDJ) and 67 processes in Windows XP... I don't be sure how to resolve your problem, but maybe if monitor your CPU Usage and view if the cpu go to 100% usage when this problem occur.

Change in your Windows Control Panel->Energy to DESKTOP OR OFFICE usage rather than Movil or Portable or Notebook usage.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 6:52 pm
harrygHome userMember since 2005
Disable your network card. Your laptop is "searching" for a network even so often. Also, disable your IR port. Do these in device manager.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 10:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)