Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need help with webcam scratching (using ATI capture card)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi y'all,

I was curious to try out the Virtual Scratch and Vinyl Control (webcam scratching...), using a camcorder connected to an ATI All-In-Wonder 128 capture card.

The capture card works fine, because I can see the camcorder's picture in my video editing software.

The thing is, when I go in VDJ, in the config menu, in the "remote control" section, and try to configure the Webcam scratching, I get nothing in the calibration window. No "preview screen", no way of choosing my capture device, no options in the "source...", "device>" or "format..." menus either (nothing shows up when I click on those)

Does this only work with a USB webcam? Anyone tried it with a capture device?

Many thanks,

Internodal.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 2:20 am
Me again,

I just read in another topic (by Apopsis) that V-Control does, in fact, work with a video capture card. But it was tested on a much older version of VDJ.

I'm using release 3.1, so is it possible that it works differently now?

Internodal.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 5:20 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
not sure about your cam but my usb webcam could not react fast enough to perform any type of scracth at all, not sure about your cam but overall it a waste of time.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 3:04 pm
Listen2,

I know this isn't the best solution, nor am I expecting much of it. But still, I wanted to try it out just to fool around with an old Dual turntable that no longer has a cartridge (And I won't spend 70$ to fix that piece of crap lolll!!)

The problem is not about sync or reaction time, it's simply that I can't USE the function at all. I can't even choose the capture device I want. The roll-down menu in the Calibration window shows nothing... Even when I click on any menu item, nothing happens...

Internodal.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 7:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)