Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I need ya'll help real quick.......please! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok now i jus got v dj about 3 or 4 days ago and at 1st everything was ok I'd drag a song to one of the turntables and the record would spin and it would play the song with no problems, then 1 day i dragged A song to one of the tables and clicked play and tha needle would be on tha record but for some odd reason it won't spin or play, i tried this with every song and it does tha same thing, i even reinstalled it and......nothin!......can someone help me or tell me what's going on?......I'd highly appreciate it!

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:26 am
First of all...what version of VDJ are you using?
Secondly, what do you mean by turntables? The virtual ones on the skin or real ones?

MS

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:31 am
I'm talkin about tha ones on tha virtual dj and i have version 3.1

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:39 am
Could ya put your serial number in your profile so that I could help ya alittle easier?

MS

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:41 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Are you useing an ilegal version southsiderecka?..,if you own the full verson add your serial to your profile.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:41 am
I beat ya Bagpus by 2 seconds!

MS

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:42 am
I downloaded tha trial version, where tha serial at?

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:45 am
Oh OK. So you downloaded the Demo? OK...explain step by step what your problems are and if you know your computer specs, then provide them as well.

MS

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:47 am
Their is no serial with the trial version, obviously.

Are you useing Virtual DJ alone or with a mixer and turntables?.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:48 am
lool Maddsound.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:50 am
Ok......you know how when u press the play button below tha turntables and tha needle comes to the record and it spins and plays?......ok now when i press play tha needle comes to the record but it doesn't spin or play, don't really know my pc specs but i gotta brand new compaq pressario if that helps, not really knowledgable about computers.

Ps. Sorry for replyin late on every post, I'm on my tmobile sidekick and it loads kinda slow.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:54 am
Oh yea.....I'm usin tha tha mixer along with the turntables

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:56 am
Are u using an external mixer? With TCVs? Is the song info displayed? Are u using MP3s?

MS

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 2:59 am
I'm using Mp3's

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 3:02 am
You haven't changed anything at all? Again is the song info still being displayed?

MS

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 3:07 am
Haven't changed anything at all and yes song info is still displayed.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 3:10 am
I fixed it!!!.....i clicked sound cards and put it on primary sound driver

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 3:16 am
Perfect! Sorry I took so long to get back. Lost the lights on half of my apartment. Microwaves and air conditioners kind of overload circuits.
Anyway glad that ya figured it out.
Happy Mixing!

MS

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 3:27 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
DJ Maddsound... Did you connect a 5000Watts Amplifier in your house or what... (just kidding)...

This fellow put his soundcard config in TCVs MODE, that's why he didn't be able to play any song, 'cause VDJ is waiting the time coded signal from the TCV. He don't have it, VDj don't play. When he went again to the configuration soundcard and put again the first option (Soundcard with and Speaker Picture), VDJ run again.

Simile! :-)

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 4:43 am
Well, I think me and maddsound could of both answered this one immediately, as it was clearly to do with no soundcard installed/selected in VDJ, as what he described happens only in this case.

But..., when you see a no license user with a post entitled "I need help real quick.....please!", you tend to think either his house is on fire or he's useing a cracked version, and wants to get user assistance before someone from support team notices his post, so hopefully he'll get on and off quickly smileing.

Luckily, many of us know now the right questions to ask, and what tell tail signs indicated that the user could be useing a cracked version, if it becomes apparent that someone is useing a cracked version, then no one should say even a single word to help them.., or indirectly to help TELL THEM TO BUY A LICENSE!.

So before you help anyone, make sure you know who your dealing with, don't bend over for no one!.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 11:41 am
87%