Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need Help with external mixer ,channel assignment, and a gigaport ag

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, just purchased a full version of VDJ. I went to configure my soundcard to my mixer, however none of the illustrations in the manual represent my situation , which is the following: I wish to assign virtual dj Deck A to channel 2 of my four channel mixer. Then assign Deck A to channel3. I wish to PFL of course, each deck separately. I have a giga port AG soundcard. In short I wish to use my VDJ players as 2nd and 3rd deck, to compliment my cdj800s. What to do? Thanks.

Posted Sun 04 Sep 05 @ 10:00 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You configure everything as you have seen in the inllustrations.
VDJ Deck A to Channels 1&2 of the GigaPort
VDJ Deck B to Channels 3&4 of the GigaPort

Now, where you plug the RCA cables comming off the GigaPort is up to you.
If you want the configuration that you described then plug the cables from Channels 1&2 of the GigaPort into the INPUTs of Channel 2 on your mixer. Repeat for Deck B to Chan 3.

Hope this helps.

cstoll

Posted Sun 04 Sep 05 @ 4:28 pm
got it sorted ty

Posted Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 8:14 am
Hi got 12 assigned in the first column of advance config. What is the second column for?, what do I assign that to? Next channels 34 work, but bleed into 1 and 2. Oh, someone just post an advance config screen and spell it out for me. I don't understand the specifics of the assignments

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 12:44 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The Advance Configuration is for use with 2 or more sound cards with VDJ. The first column is to get the soundcard. The second, to get the specific outputs for use with this card. If you don't have 2 or more sound cards you couldn't see more options.

You have to use the option with the soundcard with 4.1 and plug your outputs for the front speakers and the subwoofer and center speaker. Usually is the 3 hole, 1 is the hole for the front speakers, 2 is for the rear, and 3 for the subwofer and center speakers.

Look at my blog to look how to configure your soundcard to get 5.1 and configure VDJ.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 5:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)