Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Disable pitch reset dosn't work!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Teamers fix this please!!!!!VDJ will reset pitch to zero no matter if you disable it or not.

Posted Wed 24 Mar 04 @ 11:26 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
By making "auto-pitch reset" function disabled, it DOES NOT disable pitch auto reset on LOADING NEW SONG (if that's what you're asking about). Though it DOES disable auto-pitch reset after end of mixing your new song with higher/lower pitch.

Regards, erXon

Posted Tue 06 Apr 04 @ 7:01 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
On 1.08, at the end of the song, the pitch/tempo resets to ZERO everytime. Enabling/disabling the pitch reset function in the settings makes no difference.

Is 1.09 any different?

Posted Fri 16 Apr 04 @ 8:40 am
Not sure about 1.08, but I don't recall it ever happening to me... But in 1.09 in does not happen. Just tested to be 100% sure :)

Posted Fri 16 Apr 04 @ 1:48 pm
nope its still not fixed in 1.09

I want the pitch to stay where I set it, when I load a new track in either deck, it still resets to 0 very annoying

Posted Sun 18 Apr 04 @ 2:54 pm
Cyderhouse:

He ment at the end of the track, not after loading new one. The pitch reset function wokrs while playing the track, not after loading a new one. When a new one is loaded the pitch is alway reset, despite you checked the pitch reset to off.

But I agree with you, the pitch percentage should stay the same even after loading new song, since there is always the reset button beside. Would be the same as on real turntable.

Regards

Posted Mon 19 Apr 04 @ 4:48 pm
Agreed on the pitch remaining in position after loading a new track. Wonder why this is not considered a useful feature ?

I guess in the sense of everything automatic, it is not much of an issue since vDJ will move the slider for you.

Also, as long as your tracks have accurate BPMs (there's that caveat again - accurate BPM) then you can program a key to match the BPM of the opposing deck and then you have no worries for beat mixing.

Interesting that in the "old days" ...back in 1998 Virtual Turntables had an option for this functionality [:o) I'm still so amazed at the foresight of VTT way back in 1998, but I am glad vDJ matches almost evey VTT feature along with extra goodies. [:o)

Posted Wed 21 Apr 04 @ 12:22 pm
The problem I had was the pitch reset to zero in any case. If it was on auto play from a playlist, or if I manually loaded a song - pitch always went back to zero.

I want to be able to leave a playlist to just put a simple 2.5% pitch up on every track. (Not talking about auto beatmixing)

Posted Thu 22 Apr 04 @ 8:53 pm
yes, understood... a more manual touch.

Maybe a registry hack ??? I wonder what the AutoZPitch value controls ??? Internal dev team care to comment ??

Posted Fri 23 Apr 04 @ 1:59 pm
please fix the disable pitch reset, its a pain when using the dac controller....

Posted Fri 28 May 04 @ 5:53 am
Can anyone tell me if this "bug" has been addressed in V2.0?

Posted Wed 14 Jul 04 @ 9:13 pm
No, it hasn't.

Posted Wed 14 Jul 04 @ 10:52 pm
It is a pain with DAC-2 as the on screen position does not reflect that of the hardware, consequently you have to move the pitch slider on DAC to screen position before you can use it again...this can sound weird at times.

I'd like to see it stay where DAC is.

Then there would be one other problem...when you match the BPM's the on screen fader would move up or down but DAC wouldn't.

Easy fix would be option for on screen slider to stay wherever DAC is even if at 0% Pitch and also if you match a track it could show at 0% on screen once it has been matched then the sliders would be for any manual change you wanted to make.

Can you please also improve the resoloution of the Pitch Sliders on DAC-2.
I will create a topic for this now.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 1:51 am
Not fixed in 2.01 either.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 8:59 pm
Go on then - what about 2.02?

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 9:27 pm
Not fixed in 2.02 either...

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 9:42 pm
While the VDJ team seem unable to make a patch for this problem, they have patched that hole in my wallet stopping money getting them. :(

When this bug is fixed, I will buy the software. Unless something else comes along before then (I doubt it though)

No hurry I guess. They'll prioritise it when the time is right.

Posted Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 12:44 pm
Hopefully, 'cause we think it's quite an important feature.

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 10:12 am
agree guys... Its VERY important that this will me fixed

If u use external controller, disable pitch reset is a must...

was hoping to see this in VDJ 2.02, maybe they forgot...

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 2:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)