Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can't install DJ Console - Help!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought the DJ Console and had massive difficulties trying to get it installed. I though it was a software issue so completely reinstalled by computer (Windows XP). Without installing anything I have tried installing the DJ Consule again but get the same problem. I use the latest drivers from the site, and when it asks me to plug in the console, I plug it in, but nothing happens after that. The lights go on on the console (but they do not flash like they are supposed to) and my CPU usage hovers around 50% constantly. Only the actual red and green lights light up, the buttons do not illuminate. I tried a different usb cable but it makes no difference.

The Green Alien icon appears on my desktop and when I double click it I get the window but I am unable to click the bottos or change e.g from 'normal' to 'dj'.

When I try to uninstall form add/remove programs I get 2 error messages, one after another. I took a screenshot here: http://www.zascar.com/djerror.jpg

Can anyone help me? I think the unit may be faulty, but I want to make sure it is before I send it back. I have tried it on other computers and got the same problem...

Thanks.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 1:28 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi Colinfitz:
I just wanted to know if you wrote to www.Hercules.com about the difficulties your having?, and what they may of suggested?.

I remember you asked this before, and this is what I suggested.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 4:18 am
Are you using official windows XP, or any slipstreamed, patched, or "nlite"-ted version.

This window looks like a debug window... In normal situations you should not see it.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 3:02 pm
No all completely legit. I emailed hercules ages ago but they took days to reply and their instructions did nothing. I replied with questions but that was 3 days ago and still no responce.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 7:49 pm
Are you able to TRY installing the Hercules on another system?, would be interesting to see if it would work.

So far it's sounding like a hardware problem.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 7:56 pm
Kr00kedHome userMember since 2005
I have the same problem, get the same error when i want to uninstall, but when i xonnect de console to another pc it works!

Posted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 2:06 pm
From what Krooked says, youd' rather reinstall your windows colin :-(

Posted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 3:46 pm
lopez453: He already tried that! :).

Posted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 3:58 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Just for be sure... You install the drivers before you have connect the Console right? Because it seem a drivers issue. If that's ok, then did you check your Console in other USB port? If you do that... did you check in another computer?... If in all these scenarios DJConsole fail, the problem is in the console.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 4:22 pm
Reinstalled my laptop too, seems too be an issue of your USB port, if it's 1.1 and you have the latest firmware installed on your console, there is a problem with thevoltage, try to install the console with a usb hub next time, it works.

Posted Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 7:14 pm
xdaveHome userMember since 2005
colinfitz:

Ive got exactly the same problem as yours, ive tried on other computers and still the console is not even recognizable by windows..
just wanted to know if you or anyone! manage to solve it without sending the console to technical support let me know!

--@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry xdave no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 5:47 pm
Yes, installing a reg cleaner on your pc, deleting all regkeys you find from hercules, delete all hercules folders (C:/Program Files/Hercules/) and plugging the console on a usb hub (external high voltage) could solve this problem, it worked for me!

Posted Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 6:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)