Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules DJConsole...How To's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Could someone please explain in detail step by step instructions on how to install drivers then how to get the Console to work with VDJ...I just bought one and cant get this darn thing to work...The only thing that has worked is the soundcard thats built in it...Also the Manual doesn't really explain any detail about any thing...Im running Windows XP Pro 1gig ram...Also i have 5 USB plugs built into my computer and dont really have anything plugged into any of them except the Dj Controller...And how do i find which one is the main dedicated port for the console...Please if anyone has any ideas post them...PLEASE...PLEASE...I thank all you for your time and help in advance...Thank You

DJ WIZZKIDD

Posted Mon 22 Mar 04 @ 6:12 am
Also cant find anything in the forums or get any real help from HERCULES...Im starting to get really ticked off(at HERCULES)...all i want is to mix with the controller...lol

Posted Mon 22 Mar 04 @ 6:14 am
Havent got time for a detailed explination. Follow the instructions to the letter in the Hercules manual and it should work.

If you have installed the drivers, remove them.

Now make sure your console is NOT plugged in and then install the drivers from the CD. When it askes you, plug in the console and not before.

Now install the VDJ software. Make sure you have the dj console box ticked in the option area in VDJ setup and you have it selected in the source option.

It should now work...

Posted Mon 22 Mar 04 @ 12:05 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
I noticed when I installed the console, any time I changed to a new USB port, the console would do a reinstall (drivers), which was funny. Everything else though worked fine. It was a while back, but I though all you had to do was pop in the CD and run the install (run first, plug the console in when it tells you). If you think you messed it up uninstall the Hercules software from Add/Remove programs (through control panel). Then go to your system's control panel, then click on System icon, then Hardware tab, then Device manager and remove the Herc sound card stuff (completely), restart (without the console plugged in), get the new drivers off the Hercules website and install.

See if that works

Posted Wed 24 Mar 04 @ 2:32 pm
Hello
U told us that ur console is working good as a soundcard. So I guess u just have to change it from 5.1 Mode to Dj Mode in its own options (the green Alienhead with headphones...).

Posted Wed 24 Mar 04 @ 9:48 pm
i,ve done that all with no luck...

Posted Thu 25 Mar 04 @ 6:27 pm
x-fragHome userMember since 2004
clearly u already have directx 9.0 or 9.0b, right? (if u dont have install that winXP pro i think it have 8.1)

if u dont dont have it, so uninstall the hercules driver, the program and other things about hercules console, then first install DX, more driver, and than virtualDJ software...

remember also to upgrade the firmware of console, and upgrade the version of virtualDJ

good luck!

Posted Mon 29 Mar 04 @ 1:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)