Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: FIX THE LOADING TIME!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i just came from doing a wedding,and loading the song took so long i had to use my BPM pro what's is going on with this update ? take time with the dates,you all spending too much time on vidoe mixing music is the number one! thank you.

Posted Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 8:38 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 9:56 pm
THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT! we want it fix,and when the song is loading music jump did read all the therad,thank you music first not video.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 12:04 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
If the music jumps when playing and loading simultaneously, then there is probably a problem with your setup. Perhaps you are loading over USB, while simultaneously using USB for sound, and/or an external controller? I have had that problem even with USB2.0... USB is notoriously inefficient at multitasking in some cases, at least compared to firewire. This is a USB bug, not VDJ. Works fine over firewire.
Maybe you don't have enough memory and therefore using Virtual Memory which resides on a slow disk?

With decent hardware, you shouldn't have to be afraid to play a song that is still loading.

My suggestion though is to just do the 'speedload' registry tweak to get the same functionality as in v3.0, especially since you're not interested in using the video features.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 6:56 pm
if you are talking about the new firewire ok but ieee/1394 is the same speed like the usb 2.0,the problem i had it was the new update 3.1,took out 3.1 and everything is fine now went back to 3.0 takes 1 to 2 sec loading up songs,but i'm ganna start useing fw 800mbps

Posted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 7:49 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Phil,
Fw800 will be real fast, but even regular 400MB/s firewire does perform better than USB2.0, even though it is theoretically a bit slower. I think it just has lower processing overhead and decentralizes more of the bus control responsibility resulting in a more dependable and consistent protocol.

Posted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 10:50 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
spoken like someone who knows what they are talking about, it is true that fire wire is the professoinals choice over cheaper usb simply because it is a better all round protocal that requires less from systems because it doesnt try to be all things to all people like usb does with all its plug and play and virtual parralelle routing etc, all thigs that slow up the connection if it under load making it inconsistent. Firewire was made form the ground up rather than a hodgepodge of existing technologies bundled together by predominatly microsoft. fire wire however has nothing to do with microsoft and is built on an Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers standard hence the fact that professional equipment and professional people all use it instead of USB. USB is fine for webcams and keyboards but 1394 is actualy a networking (LAN) protocal so it has verry god built in traffic routing and data handaling capabilities

Posted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 1:15 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
"fire wire however has nothing to do with microsoft"
...This is guarantee by itself !
Do you remember what happened at the "official" first presentation for usb when Bill Gates had tried to connect the usb cable.... BSOD (Blue screen of dead...)

Posted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 5:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)