Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 3.1 and Win2k

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone experiencing skipping problems with 3.1 and win2k? Both the boxes I use at the club are tweaked to the Hill with all the updates and VDJ is only using like 2% of the processor but it will start skipping on songs and occasionally freeze up sounding like it put a small part of the song in a loop. Doesnt make any sence because 3.0 was just fine. Also, there doesnt seem to be "Speedload" in the registry in win2k. Ive searched for it and looked in the VDJ string where it should be and its not there. Now If i try to add a New DWORD value... It says It cant because that DWORD already exists. Is it some how hidden in the registry? Ive never heard of that before. Well Im at my wits end with this. Grabbing CD's out of my truck last night sucked and so did using winamp. I'm problably going to just blow them away and put XP on it but I was curious if anyone else had the same issues or reccomendations.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 5:15 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
What PC do you have? Give me the specs please.
In some cases VDJ is in: HKEY_USERS\\S-1-5-21-602162358-507921405-725345543-1004\\Software\\VirtualDJ

The second large number maybe it's different in your PC.

Posted Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 5:42 am
Ok ... I blew the One Box away and did a fresh Install of XP pro. Seem's to work ok and it plays videos but will freeze the video output for about 32 Counts when loading a video in the other side. Processor is maxed out but I think this Box is just to slow to do Video ... Its only an Athalon 1.33 with 512 MB of Ram. I havnt Blew the other Box away yet which is a P4 2.4 Ghz with 1024 MB of ram in it but hopefully that will straighten out that one as well.

Posted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 4:59 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
In some P4 computers with Hyper Treading, in order to work properly most run in Windows XP. Is what I known.

Good Luck!

Posted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 5:21 am
2sndcrdHome userMember since 2005
I expierence the same problem with 3.1 on Win2K. Note that this same behaviour is displayed when playing back a movie on my computer (occasionally it will 'fast forward' skip like two seconds)...

Posted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 4:44 pm
djachiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
same prob here with 3.1 and win2k. Skipping usually 2 beats... Any ideas???

P4
1GB Ram
SB Audigy2
C-Media Wave Device (onboard)

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 1:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)