Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey folks...:o)

Ok, so i've checked about and i'm all out of ideas. Perhaps one of you guys who have a homebuilt system can help me.

Everytime i install windows xp onto my homebuilt, i get that blue screen of death with an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. I'm stumped and i don't know what to do. I'm fresh out of ideas and this website is simply a last resort.

sorry guys for such a non vdj related questions, but like i say, i'm going mad thinking about it!!!!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 1:42 am
Sounds like your disk controller does not support the size of the boot partition. Some old disk controllers have this problem. Try making a smaller boot partition and install your OS on that partition. I think it needs to be 1 or 2GB if I recall correctly. I have personally seen this problem.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 1:46 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
From what you've said it sounds like anewsome's hit the nail on the head, if not please report back.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 1:52 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
1 or 2 GB???, What Windows are you going to put in that? Win98?... It's too small to put (and work with) Windows 2000 or XP. Maybe you have this problem with fat partitions or HD not supported by the Computer BIOS.

Pionnara I need the specs of the hardware and if this is a new or old system (Did you change your harddisk, your motherboard, or any hardware?) to help you.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 4:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)