Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Camera Scrachin'

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Has anybody had success with the camera scrach option? The 'bare hand' option kinda works ok but has a delay. The vinal read option is outright failing. -the song is jumpin' around like a crack ho on welfare day... I have painted 1/2 of an old LP white, but no success. The camera is focused and centered... FYI: 2.93 Celeron D, 1124 RAM, ATI Graphics?

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 12:50 am
haha, i love your comparisson with the crack ho, and yes, when i was waiting for my tcv's to come, i did do soemt esting with the webcam scratch thing, i ended up taping a peice of wood accross the top shelf on my desk, and then taping the webcam to it, (it only fell like three times)... besides getting the camera up there, it worked pretty good,

here are some tips i learned tho, make sure the surface you are aiming the webcam at is a solid colour and make sure there are no shadows, i had a big white keybopard tray so i used that.. fool around with the light until it works well, the light is quite important, and when you scratch, your hand should go back and forth the line, not across it but along it, amazing how it worked, iddnt work perfectly, but a pretty cool feature, would never use it at a party or anything tho,

also its not like normal scratching i must warn you, the hand movements are different so dot use this feature as if you were really scratching on vynil, it just doesnt work like that

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 2:39 am
btw, what i said above is reffering to the bare hand scratch :")

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 2:40 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ "the song is jumpin' around like a crack ho on welfare day" - lol

Anyhoo. i fooled around with it. got it working ok, but nothing special. I placed the webcam on my hifi, aimed it down at the table on which was a piece of a4 paper. I'd drawn a red line right across this, and when i calibrated the webcam i adjusted the red line on the paper to the red line which appears in the preview window. this gave me the anchor point for the webcams vision (if that makes sence). then i just fooled around, using various implements. A black pen worked the best i think

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 6:56 pm
i never thought of using anything but my hand... and i used a peice of scothc tape accross my with keyboard tray, worked fine too

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 8:01 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think any mark should work, so long as it doesnt move when the webcam's aimed at it.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 7:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)