Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 3.0 and Hercules DJ Console

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been successfully running VDJ 1.09 and my DJ Console for over a year in both live and studio settings. I figured it was time to upgrade to VDJ 3.0.

Since installation, I cannot get my headphone cueing to work. I am set for DJ mode, like always, on my DJ Console, but I cannot get it to work. I have also tried reinstalling the drivers.

I have read some posts with similar headphone cueing issues, but I still can't get this solved.

Please help me get back in action. Thanks.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 10:44 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have you set the setting to the herc dj console in the soundcards settings in VDJ settings?

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 11:53 pm
not sure if this is your case but be sure to download lastest 2005 drivers from the

hercules website. That also upgrades your firmware in hercules console to the lastest automatically.

Report back if it helped.

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 12:09 am
I have set the setting on VDJ to the Hercules sound card.

I have also download and installed the latest drivers from the Hercules site (2x).

I am fairly proficient with software and configuring audio with my laptop, however nothing seems to help me get the cueing working with the VDJ 3.0.

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 8:21 am
woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 2:33 pm
Downloaded the skin, but it gives me XML errors when I try to load it.

Is there anyone who is using the Hercules DJ Console and VDJ 3.0 without problems?

Still looking for assistance. Thanks.

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 7:02 am
for me too :-( perhaps skin is not compatible with vdj3.1 :-(
even if I installed fonts

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 12:46 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have installed VDJ 3.0 on my system with HDJC, but i am using an external mixer for almost everything, including headphones. It's working fine this way. Always used the basic skin.

Actually i'm not even using VDJ or HDJC anymore since i got my pair of Denon DN-S3000's ! :)

Great stuff! I can only advice anyone to go for the real thing !!

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 5:47 pm
I'm looking after NUMARK CDN-95 with mp3 support automatch and 1/2 the features of vdj. What ya think about (since it looks like i cannot play regural CDs in vdj smoothly even if i bought external cdroms and connected the thru usb2ide it skips simetimes while it is spining up the drive)

Is it worth it ?

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 5:51 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 6:03 pm
i don't like mp300 because for 1/2 more you have a lot of more features
(syncing decks...)

HDCD1 looks nice but i think VDJ is far better except one thing (ok i don't count the cotroller):
vdjs support for audio cd's looks like unfinished. If it could better deal (thru multithreading or so)
-to not skip the playing song whjile other is spiining up,
-option to permanenntly time to time acces the drive to prevent it from spinnig
-letting the drive to spin at ie 16/24 speed not at full to reduce noise
-ability to name audiocd tracks (now it's only possible thru comment field for audio cd's
-possibility to build CD database as it's for mp3 files, so you can search, and then it will ask you
to insert cd: "80 hits cd 12"

This way it will be usefull since in many countries you still cannot spin mp3's or just you want to spin CD...

I think when this coudl be somehow sold and together with good controller it's much worth that the NUmark CD thing.

If mp3's are ok here, I don't need ANY cd-player, just my notebook and some good controller.

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 6:44 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Your Right Lopez. The CD features in VDJ must been improved.

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 9:27 pm
hmm, I had a call 2 hours ago, used dual cdplayer (numkark or omnitronic) for 200$.

Even if I'll rewire it to my usb keyboard and use it only as a controller to vdj it's good.
Just i cannot communicate with display.

Hope it'll be in good condition. so: "I can't wait for the weekend to begin" and see it ;-)

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 2:02 pm
Fantastic that you all have found a common thread in this conversation, however, i would most appreciate getting a final answer on getting the headphone cueing working again with VDJ 3.0 and the Hercules.

Please, someone pass the answer along.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 9:14 am
djananji LOL your're right but you did not aswer to our suggestions.

Hve you the 2005.1 drivers for hercules ? Isn't there a problem that there is an alienhead apliication feature where you select what you hear in the headphones. Try to plug your headphones to the back your console and let's see what you hear in output 1-2 , what's in 3-4 and if there's something in 5-6 (there should be silence) and please report back.

And also try the setting in VDJ to set it to CONSOLE!!!

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 1:05 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I believe he did answer most of those questions...

If you can just confirm that you have the HERCULES image selected as your soundcard (again please), and that you have selected DJ mode in hercules settings (aka alien head). You said you have the latest drivers from the site?, ok.

This should work, and all users of the Hercules that use the console have no trouble with 3.1, all is the same infact.

You should have the hercules as your selected soundcard in the control pannel - sound window, with nothing lke WAV muted etc.

If it doesn't work after these basic measure you have another problem, please inform us of this.

In the FULL Virtual DJ you have another settings option, select advanced confiq, and plug your headphones into the back of the console (mini jack in) in the center 3-4.., in the settings, make sure that headphones are selected for this output, and also that the settings are correct for your other outputs (pc speakers or amp)..

You should also have installed, the latest version of Direct X.

After you've done this, please report back YEA or NA.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 2:00 pm
Bagpuss.

Thanks for the details.

Anyway, I had already done everything you requested to no avail, so I removed everything again (VDJ and Hercules drivers) and reinstalled one more time. Now everything works like a dream. Weird, but now I am back in business bringing the groove to the masses.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 6:10 pm
congrats .... we are happy with you keep spinnin

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 6:36 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Great!, pleased :), my next measure would of been to do exactly that, very often things don't work out well in the inital install, re-installing ALL is often the solution.

I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss something stupid like we all do at times.

Good mix ;).

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 6:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)