Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pre-listening only works one way

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

2sndcrdHome userMember since 2005
Today I installed a second soundcard in my computer, so I can "pre-listen" a song before I mix it into the main output. However, this seems to work only one way: I can play a song on the left deck and pre-listen a song playing on the right deck through the headphone plugged in the second soundcard (with crossfader all to the left, obviously). But if the main song is playing on the right deck, I can't pre-listen on the left deck. Both the first and second (headphones) soundcard output the main song when the crossfader is all to the right.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 8:25 pm
hmmm, in full version it works good for all of us.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 8:33 pm
2sndcrdHome userMember since 2005
Meaning this is a limitation in the demo version?

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 8:39 pm
yep, thats it... the only way to prelisten with the demo, is to buy a mixer, but since they are about the same price, you mine aswell buy the program... it has so much more

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 8:42 pm

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 8:47 pm
Exactly Brennan11,
All you have to do is BUY the program. Great job Brennan, thanks for setting everyone straight!

MS

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 12:55 am
ya, i know, hey do you think if i had the program all along, i would have been a vip? cuz i have actually been helping out people quite a bit... i was just wondering how much it takes

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 1:03 am
I don't know about VIP...maybe Poor Lamer, Hacker or even Locked Account...what do ya think?

MS

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 1:05 am
ur joking right... i have seriously been helping people out alot, and i want a serious answer, i havent done anything wrong

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 1:20 am
LOL, maddsound you meant VIP locked account ? muhehe

anyway why are you hunting for VIP brennan ???

I made few plugins, skins, and trying help too .....

And do you think that i demand some stars ? nope, I don't care...
It's not about trying to make many useless post just to get 10 000th post ...
It's about feeling that my work/hobby is useful (i hope) for somenone.
And all this community is about sharing, it's not a dungeon or "talker" game.

it's truth you tryed to help many times and many times it was sucessful. My hat down.

But it does not excuse you to at least "abuse" the demo of vdj.

Brennan maybe you should speak with Lady Cameron about being VIP.

And to be serious everyone can be VIP... but as an old myth says: "slower you can walk further" so don't hurry.

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 1:26 am
no, i am not thriving to be vip, i was just curious that if i had the program the whole way through, were do u think i would be at

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 1:41 am
and i think when i do buy the program, i will make myself a new account, because obviously im not liked very much in this community, thank you maddsound for pointing that out to me

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 1:44 am
axel54Home userMember since 2005
is there a tutorial attached to the free download version to view or a help menue.

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 2:23 am
@ Brennan11
Listen...if you buy this software there will be no need to change your account. I will be the FIRST to welcome you to this community. My problem is not that you are hooked on crack. Hell, about 95% of the DJs here used cracked versions at one time or another. I did and I realized that a software as "bad" as this one can only get better and it did. As soon as I saw these awesome plugins and new features, I knew that I had to buy it. So I did. So no my "beef" with you is not about the cracked version, but that you openly admit to it, lie about it and take advantage of the generousity of these DJ's and the hard working DEV Team. You do try to help, which is great. You direct people to ironiclly purchase this software that you boldly have obtained by other means and ask this community for help in perfecting your "virtual slap" in our faces. And I mean OUR in the sense that I try to participate on this forum daily because quite simply I am a music dork. I love music and am happy to have found this place. So for that reason alone it is worth buying the software just to help maintain this gem of a site. When I was a crack head I never asked for serial numbers, asked for help with my crack, critcized it or asked the DEV Team or this community to take me seriously. I simply asked what I would receive once I bought it and what were the advantages. They answered me and I bought it...end of story.
So that is my "beef" about folks who abuse. It's not the Crack use that bothers me...it's the boldness of informing the whole world that I am a crackhead and you had better accept it and treat me the same or better than everyone else! Thats it in a nutshell.
So again it's not personal...don't take it as such...buy it and I will welcome you like I have so many others before you...

@ Axel54
Dude there isn't a tutorial video. But I can gurantee that whatever problems or questions that you have will be taken care of by this community.

MS

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 4:44 am
if i had the cash, i would have the program right now... but i dont, and im working hard for it, and i inend to purchase it asap.

and me, helping others and convincing them, to buy this software, is my temporary way for making up my rudeness in ''extending my trial period.'' i dont want to be hated, and am rying to get the software as soon as i can, but until then, what other choices do i have. its like a loan from virtualdj, it will be paid eventually, but i simply (and unfortunatly) cant at the moment... of course im not thinking it as a loan, im just using it to show you what i am doing...

i doubt you will understand, but still hoping you will, please take this into consideration... i am in debt, and am working so hard, because i want to be part of this community, as soon as i get that $200.00 in my bank account, virtualdj will be mine.

In all seriousness, please take another look at me based on what i have said...

Im sorry i couldnt have purchased it earlier
--Brennan

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 6:54 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well, I guess my weigh-in won't be necessary.... BUT, hey brennan one question --- why so much money spent on hardware and not a simple couple bills on VirtualDJ? Because if you would have bought VDJ, you wouldn't of needed the external mixer in order to get your little 'HACK' on the sound card stuff. I mean if you didn't buy the mixer you could have gotten VDJ, right? (Sorry that's 2 questions.)

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 8:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)