Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: vdj 8, no headphone, refund $

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

nancybPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Apparently the full version of vdj does not support headphone output with the herc controller...how do we get our $ back for the vdj full version????? Anyone else?

Posted Wed 17 Mar 04 @ 1:57 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Sir,

Please read the manual and search the forums before posting.

Posted Wed 17 Mar 04 @ 4:56 am
I did read manuals and forums. Apparently others are having the same problem...and it's madam.

Posted Fri 19 Mar 04 @ 12:38 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Madam

You should ask Sebdesign, he seems to be able to prelisten his console with the full version.

However, there's a little bug in the console, be sure the next VDJ release will pass this problem. There's no need to get your money back, just wait a bit and see how Atomix resolves the problem.

FRUiT94

Posted Fri 19 Mar 04 @ 10:33 am
Bug in the console? Not the software.... Hmmmm...

Posted Fri 19 Mar 04 @ 5:21 pm
Thanks for the response. When do you expect this new release will be available...can't use the console w/o headphones.

Posted Wed 24 Mar 04 @ 2:07 pm
Did you try to ask Sebdesign?

Posted Wed 24 Mar 04 @ 3:02 pm
I use vdj full version with dj console, and i pre listen with my internal soundcard because the song is more important by the internal soundcard.

For the moment the pre listen by dj console don't work.

Regards

Sebastien

Posted Wed 24 Mar 04 @ 4:06 pm
Ok I thought you were prelistening with the console itself sorry.

Posted Wed 24 Mar 04 @ 4:19 pm
Fruit, you are saying that this bug is in the Hercules console.
Let me remind you: The Hercules-version of VDJ (the one that comes with the console when you buy one)works just FINE with the headphone output on the Hercules-console, but this SAME output stops working if you install the FULL version of VDJ.

so this is a "Software" bug, not a hardware bug!

my best guess is that the developers will correct this in future versions.

There is a workaround for this: the headphone output is redirected to channels 3/4 at the back of the console, so headphone output does work, but come out of other channels.

Posted Fri 26 Mar 04 @ 6:52 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
DJCannonball, I confirm this is a bug from the console. The djconsole vdj edition is patched in order to work with this bug, no the standard version because this patch is incompatible with standards soundcards. In the next version, this patch will be applied only if the djconsole is detected.

Posted Fri 26 Mar 04 @ 8:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)