Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 3.1 longer loading time

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
maybe it's just me but i notice that 3.1 takes alot longer to load karaoke files than 3.0 use to ..at first i thought it was cause they were zipped but then i tried a regular song and same thing anyone else thinks it takes longer?

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 5:19 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yess , and an 4 minute video load faster than 4 minute mp3 ?!

i think its du to the new function :

""SpeedLoad" registry tweak to balance priority between video smoothness and fullspeed loading "

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 6:23 pm
well how can it be fix to be the same as 3.0

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 9:43 pm
i'll just leave it be it's longer but it's ok

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 5:18 pm
DJ Cyder,
there is something strange with the loading time.
If I load a normal mp3 audio file in 3.1 it takes more than 4 times the time it took 3.0. If I switch the "Video activate output" option in the config menu (Video tab) off, it suddenly loads at the same speed as version 3.0?
You even notice this if you drag a song to the deck, switch to the config menu and switch the option off. You see a big difference in loading time.
This looks strange to me.
Ewout

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 9:59 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I just tried that, yeah you have right, but it looks very normal to me:
When you activate video, loading time increases to protect video, but you can disable this "protection" (and take the risk) by tweaking the speadlock key in registry. I think it is fair.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 2:56 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
But the speedload doesn't completely reproduce the load time as from 3.0. Especially if you are using the WMP as your decoder for the video. Matter of fact the only speed difference I have seen is if the file (mp3 or video) has already been analyzed. But, even then an analyzed 4 min video take approx 40 secs to load completely. I am sure if you are using the internal VDJ decoder then there is a difference.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 11:16 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
There's something wrong... I put a 4:30min video in 7 sec only. And 6 secs in a 4.01 min video (228MB file in DVD format 720x480, MPEG-2, 48KHz, etc.). (And I test this with 7 open applications).

Maybe the computers specs are more important now. To Play video we need more resources.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 8:13 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
acw_dj -- one of my problems right now is the difference between Hardware Acceleration being enabled or disabled. I should be getting what you get, but I am not able to use hardware acceleration for some reason. Disable it on your machine and try to load a video - I am sure it will take about 30 secs. to load. -- But there are loading speed differences in this version.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 11:47 pm
im only running a xp2400 and a ati 9200 se but everything seems perfect i havent had any problems since... and im running in hardware accel mode but i did get all the latest drivers that helped alot

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 6:06 pm
i took 3.1 out of my pc ! music is the power not video ! people come to a club to dance not to look at video !,i think vdj should take more time with updates and some on sound qu.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 8:12 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Philly,

Glad you have it working good!.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 6:48 pm
thank you.. also it helps to have all the files anylized the load alot faster

Posted Wed 21 Sep 05 @ 8:40 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I noticed a big difference with the load time.
When I load music after played some video the load time is really bigger (even with the same music files than the ones I started with).

Posted Wed 21 Sep 05 @ 10:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)