Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Installed 3.1 & lost some of my bpms and cues - help!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gileskPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I installed the update (wish I hadn't now) and now for some strange reason a selection of my bpms and cues are all gone! What's going on here? Most are still there but all the important ones (ie the songs I play the most) are gone. I was going to revert back and reinstall 3.0 anyway due to the beat grid shaking for some reason after the update but this is crazy. Alot of work doing cues and bpms beckons, to whoever's responsible, thanks. Thing I don't understand is that 95% + of all my stuff is as it was.

Can anyone help me retieve the info or enlighten me as to what the hell has happened???

Cheers,

Giles

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 2:02 pm
Ok I thought I might be ok coz I just remembered I had saved a recent backup of my xml files on my portable music player but I copied these over and still everything remains the same! Where has this info gone I just don't understand this. This update thing has really messed things up for me.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 2:10 pm
it was adressed in other thread, are you using the multi users option ?
look into your virtual dj directory and perhaps you will find

VirtualDJ database (lopez).xml

just copy it over virtualDJ database.xml

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 2:44 pm
Cheers Lopez I managed to get it sorted by just reinstalling the whole of vdj and installing it again and removing on of the extra xmls in there. Think is must have been something to do with the multi-users thing.

Any idea why the beat grid seems to quiver a little on the update? I'm going to refrain from installing it again until I know what the story with this is. The new beatgrid effect looks very cool though any chance it could be put up as a stand-alone download?

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 3:45 pm
it's almost same as shakerbeat but has more intuitive interface...
backup your vdj directory, install update and copy the backup over the vdj directory again
you should have now new effects but old VDJ.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 5:38 pm
I think you misinterpreted what I meant...
I want to have the new effect just not the update (for now)!

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 6:40 pm
that is the way how you can have your original version (you have now) but with plugin. If that's hard for you send me and e-mail (since your are full user) you can find it it my blog and I will send you the plugin.

@dev team: could lady cameron or whoever please upload that effect to the web ?
I can do it but it's like stealing someones fame as I didn't do that effect

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 8:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)