Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hybernate/Standby Problems?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has anyone experienced any problems with the standby/Hybernate not working properly after installing VDJ?

I have problems with my desktop and also I just purchased a notebook and it is doing the same thing = Device driver will not let the computer Hybernate when you want it to stand by. I noticed this happening after I installed VDJ.

I'm not blaming VDJ, I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar issue.
I will like to put the sys on stanby in some ocassions.

I tried updating windows and HP drivers and that did not worked.

HP support told me to do a system recovery and I'm not leaning for that yet.

Sys:
AMD 64, 200. 1gb ram. 100 mb

Thanks.
VNZ

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 6:03 am
mine works, i think........ i dunt use it much, but i think it works fine

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 6:32 am
my parents computer cannot hibernate because of network driver problems. My notebook hibernates ok.

There's a tool if you google a little (i think made by Microsoft) that let's you analyze your problems and tell you what is causing incompatibility.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 10:20 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Just a detail like that when VDJ is open, VDJ disables ScreenSaver as it was said in previous feature of VDJ (around v2.0 i believe)

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 2:50 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
yeap to prevent issues when you are at a gig and to save resources vdj does not allow your pc to hiberbate or standby. A very nice feature :)

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 10:10 am
I got it to work again. i just had to do a restore to a previous date before installing VDJ. That took care of the problem. I just had to reinstalled VDJ again and check the option NEVER to hibernate in the power option in control pannel.
This might have cause a conflict with the device drivers.

Thanks ...

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 3:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)