Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 3.0 - Max Load Bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This is the first time this has happened to me, and I don't know how I triggered it, nor do I know how to recreate it.

At a point, every time I loaded a new song, VDJ acted as if I had max load set to 5 min, although it was set to 30 min.

Then a couple songs later, it treated them all as if max load was set to NONE.

This only got fixed once I rebooted the software.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 11:41 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
This seems like you had a problem with your RAM.

Maybe there is some kind of bug in the software, or you used an mp3 that wasn't correctly encoded and it made your RAM act weird.

Also, how much time was it since you last rebooted your computer?
Do you know if your computer was really hot or at normal temperature?

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 1:59 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Max load should be set to always, this prevents these problems..

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 3:54 am
It's not the RAM and its not the temperature because I opened a second instance and had no problems in it. Eitherway, RAM doesnt really work like that :-)

If there is something wrong with your RAM your whole computer will go beserk. Not a specific feature in a particular program...

It's something I triggered, I just don't know how.
I was on the phone at the time, and mindlessly pressing shortcuts and clicking stuff.
And then it just stopped analyzing songs when loaded (not just one, but all of them).

ANyways, its not a big deal... I just posted it in case the cause could be linked to a bigger bug.

My guess is one of the actions (or combinations of actions) I activated with a shortcut is buggy and sends a SET MAX LOAD TO NONE message to the program instead.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 9:12 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Raz, I have seen this bug also and have reported it: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/14389/Bugs_report/refuses_to_load_audio_data.html

Apparently, others have experinced this also. I never recieved a solution, just some good workarounds.
I can tell you that I use very few keyboard shortcuts and don't believe this was the reason for it. I do use several MIDI shorcuts, but there is a limited set of these and so I doubt I triggered the problem by using a MIDI shortcut that I hadn't used several times before that point.
My felling is that this is a problem with memory being over-used and/or leaked at some point causing the MAXLOAD setting to get over-ridden and although the memory does eventually free, the MAXLOAD setting can not be altered at that point.

I didn't see anything about this being addressed in 3.1, and won't be able to confirm whether or not the problem exists in 3.1 as I will not be using 3.1 live until some of the new bugs have been fixed. The dev team has done a great job with the new release and I am sure they will have an update in the near future to address the reported bugs.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 5:21 pm
thanks for the tip!
A second session helps counter the problem :)

Btw, for those who use DJ Concolse, you can't have 2 session when in ASIO Mode. (well if you figure it out, let me know, I cant do it!)

In console mode you can have 2 session with no problems.
Just make sure that in the second session you disable the console in the remote-control options and only activate it if you end up using that session.
If not the console will control both sessions and lead to funky results!

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 6:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)