Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Fatal Error w/ v3.1 in h/w accel mode with ATI X200

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tried the new version out on one of my computers and have a problem with it. I am guessing this problem is specific to my video card as I haven't seen anyone else with the same symptoms.

With H/W acceleration disabled, everything seems to work fine.
When H/W acceleration is enabled, VDJ crashes with the Fatal Error and the "Recover or Shutdown" option as soon as the crossfader is moved if there is video playing in both players (or ambient.)
Tried a few things like updating the video driver, lowering acceleration in the driver settings, etc. But no good.
I tried on my 9-to-5 job laptop and didn't have this problem, but that one doesn't have much of a video card and only shows black in h/w accelerated mode anyway even in the older versions of VDJ.

Relavent PC Specs:

HP ZV6000 w AMD64 3.0Ghz
1GB RAM
ATI X200 (PCI-X) video card with 128MB dedicated, plus 128MB shared.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 5:34 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Was that with an mpg, wmv or avi file?

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 1:56 am
mpg (MPEG1)

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 5:06 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Anyone? I have the same issue.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 3:01 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
With the same video card?

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 10:19 am
yes it's problem my card ATI X300 mobility radeon video card with 128MB dedicated, with the last bios the last update ati.....in first video clip loading easy and after loading mp3 slowly...desactivate panel video and loading quickly the mp3....:-(

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 1:33 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I have and ATI X600 and don't have this issues. In last versions I couldn't use the accelerated mode because it goes slower. In 3.1 I could use the hardware accelerated mode and works fine. Something in the middle must be the problem.

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 5:35 pm
BUG WORKAROUND:

Turns out the problem is that the ATI driver was tuned for "Performance" as opposed to "Quality". That apparently bypasses or simulates some of the DirectX functionality for the sake of faster performance and this is apparently not compatible with VDJ. Tuned for Quality, everything works fine. This is changeable in the ATI video control panel.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 6:25 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 4:21 am
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
PAPPY and CSTOOL

So did that fix help you guys out/>

Posted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 4:20 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
not for me.. but if you read my post (link provided earlier) my problem has a few more variables involved... primarily the codec - 3ivx

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 6:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)