Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hardware Setup for Dj's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have received the TCV's and everything is working good so far. There are 2 issues I need to post.

First:

At the beginning my left turntable gave a very irritating high pitched tone which increased as I increased the volume. This was not the case when I exchanged the TCV for a real vinly. I muted the channels and now the high pitched tone decreased and can be heard only a little but it is still irritating when cueing with the headphones. I was assured that this has nothing to do with the ground loop which is arround 50hz. Why is this happening?

Second:

I am still searching for a way to use my laptop+TCV'S+soundcard in an effective and pragmatic way in a professional setting in a club. If you are a resident there might be a chance to set the hardware up before the club opens and there is still a chance you might unbalance the system.
However, what happens if you are just one of the dj's playing at a gig in a club where you are not a resident. Do you think the they will let you strip their audio setting? Definitely NO!
At the moment I would be reluctant to mess with a club's audio system, fearing what could srew up?

Is there anyone that has any ideas how this could be done more pragmatically with VD?

THX

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 10:26 pm
First remove the ground from your laptop power supply by adding a three to two prong connector from radio shack. Then let me know if you still have the same problem.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 2:41 am
If you're not resident, the best thing is to make sure that you know YOUR stuff. Talk to the manager and describe your needs and they'll probably will help you to set things right. Finally: make sure you know what you are doing before you enter the venue.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 4:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)