Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Karaoke Files on 3.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Music video and plugins are excellent but video preview window is not working for me. Gets that distorted look. . Looks terrific on the external monitor though. Also karaoke files are not working for me at all. They always worked well. Plays music with no picture. CDG extentions. HELP...

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 3:40 am
Go into config and disable the video feature .The window window will not open and Your Karaoke files will play correctly. Evertime you add a file to a player the feature activates itself so you have to disable it again .Also with Karaoke you wont have the Video window you will have to use the plugin to view the words.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:06 am
Yea. Don't like that at all. Definately needs to be corrected. I really don't think the programmers meant this to play that way. Must be a bug.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:09 am
MOst definately a big bug. The external monitor won't show the karaoke with the plugin. Can support give any advice here for I have a karaoke party on Tuesday. Thanks. I guess I can go back to 3.0 though. Is there a different code we need?

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:12 am
Don't use the Karaoke plug in and activate the video feature. They intragated karaoke into the program . The plugin is no longer needed.The problem solved The video feature and karaoke are all one now.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:55 am
Yea. But the external monitor won't work. How will your singers see the words on the extended desktop? I get nothing. No words at all. I understand it was integrated. I thought you were advising to use the plugin. Sorry. That actually will work if I turn off the internal video card. But I don't think it is meant to work that way.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:59 am
Do you have the monitor selected in the setting for Video? Play with the Video slider and it shoud start working. Their a still a few bugs to fix. They need to trash the Video feature it only causes problems .

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 2:39 pm
When you select a mp3 cdg file you will see the file twice,two of the same file this is a bug they just created. Select the top one that one will allow the graphics to show on the screen.The other wont but the song will play and no video.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 3:06 pm
I have the karaoke as a favorite in a seperate folder to avoid confusion of the search engine becuase I have so much music so they do not duplicate. I will assume that a fix will be done very soon becuase this is a major feature that many of us loyal users depend on for the program. I have placed a ticket in with e service

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 3:19 pm
That wont work you need to acess the songs directly. It's playing the audio file and not adding the cdg file for video playback. Only the music is playing back.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:02 pm
Then they do need to fix that becuase it always worked before.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:14 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
When you have both .mp3 and .cdg files in a folder, VirtualDJ will show both, with different icons.
The icon with the blue (k) is the karaoke file. Load it if you want to play karaoke, and it will automatically load the mp3 audio on the desk, and the cdg file on the video.
On the other hand, if you load the standard icon (the mp3 file), it will only load the mp3 without loading the video (in case you want to use this lyrics-free version in your remixes for example).

This is not a bug and was intended.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 6:04 pm
I have always placed my karaoke files in a seperate partioned hard drive and used a shortcur to access my folders and subfolders. Then searched from there. This way I can keep my karaoke files seperate from my audion files. With 13,000 karaoke songs and 30,000 mp3's it would get too confusing in the main database. Can you give me an idea of how to organize with this type of volume so I can have access to songs quickly for my shows rather than mistakenly putting in the karaoke version. I understand that you may want to use the karaoke without the words but why? What was the ideals behind changing this which in my eyes was one of the better features of VDJ? I had suggested multiple browers in another post. Is something like that being worked on? I'll try it later and check it out when I leave my "real job" ha ha .. Thanks for the help..

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 7:33 pm
You can keep your music in separate folders on different drives and still access them from VDJ.I don't quiet understand your problem. It is all acessable from VDJ. I dont like splitting the files it makes a mess of everthing. Please ask before making feature that you think we would like. If you want a good program start asking your users what they want not just a select few. Fads come and go but your hard core dj's still want the basics to be stable and the music easy to find. Karaoke is here to stay but Video is a fad. It was here in the 80's and left fast. Karaoke has lasted fifteen years now with only short breaks in between. And music has been around forever. Video is a feature that only a few will use at the expense of everyone else.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 11:57 pm
ok. now i got it. not a big deal. don't really see the use. maybe it has to do with the zip files but i can use it this way. Thanks VDJ...

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 12:38 am
Ok, first off when I scaned my hard drive for music a lot of the songs that are Karaoke songs are not displayed as such (no tiny ass blue K)
Speaking of which, I am over 40 and am thankfull I can still see the VirtualDJ banner on the desktop, There has got to be a better way of identification for karaoke songs.
It seems to me that the decoder that is supposed to play from zip files is not working.
Files that played fine in 3.0 are now not displaying the K and not playing vidio.
Thankfully I am not totally commited to this software yet, back to my good ol' JVC disc player until the exterminators are done.:D

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 12:44 am

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 12:53 am
Thanks Digitalmdj, I found what you were talking about and that seems to have fixed my problem.
Any idea why the vidio on the external monitor keep going to white if no vidio is displayed for a few mins.?

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 1:12 am
I stand corrected, the vidio just goes to white on the external monitor and stops playing on the console monitor when ever it feels like it. it doesn't matter that vidio is playing.
I have to go into config, turn vidio output off and back on to get the display back on both.
Is this another setting issue, or possibly attributed to the loose nut connected to the keyboard?

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 1:26 am
As far a I can tell It does't have anything to do with VDJ.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 2:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)