Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 3.1 Lockup .. Not responding.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Another step closer. Internal Codecs are a beautifull thing. Nice job coders. Only uses about 8% of my cpu when playing 2 Videos at the same time. Playback is soooooooooooooo smooth and iIrun 25 Meg Divx Rips. Looks perfect!! Only thing is, i had it lock up 3 times in 10 minutes while trying to load a new video. Not the same videos either. Audio will keep playing but screen will freeze and program will not respond to anything. Have to control alt delete and end the process. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Not sure what this is but Ill keep playing with it and hopefully its just a small dumb bug. Can't wait to start using this version in the club!!!!!! Hella Props everyone!!!

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 12:11 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
Check if the files that screwed your video are wmv files.
virtualdj still uses WMP codec by default to play wmv, and WMP is known to be prone to video lock if you're being rude with it.
Try to change it to the internal decoder and see if that helps (though the internal decoder cannot read correctly the latest wmv9 formats, that's why it's set on external by default).

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 12:16 am
Nope ... They are all Divx AVI's that played fine with 3.0 ... When it Locks ... It locks up hard. control alt delete and ending task on VDJ is the only way to get out it. It does however play the rest on the audio but locks the vid screen and the program.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 12:31 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
try to change the value of the key "speedload" in the registry (0 or 1)

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 12:35 am
Where is it in the registry and should I set it to 0 or 1?
I Found It I think ... It was set to 0 and i set it to 1. Ill try that

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 12:43 am
Man, this is getting crazy.
I finaly got this thing working with lyrics on tv and consol on laptop, then i downloaded the update to 3.1 now I have no lyrics inly the song title displayed at the top of the screen.
This project will surely be the cause of my insanity.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 3:45 am
I have none either. ALways worked fine.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 3:46 am
If I restart Virtual DJ sometimes the lyrics will work for a while, but within about 3 song thay stop working.
It may have something to do with the automix feature, it seems to coinside with the lose of vidio each time I use it. or it might be coinsidence.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:45 am
Nothing here. It won't search out the mpg file for the video. Maybe it is something that needs to be setup. I have it in a different thread and will wait for an answer. Man. But video seems powerful now! Wow!

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:46 am
VantinedJ, try this, move your curser to the right and open the Playlist, click on free playlist then click the stare at the top of the playlist section to enable and disable automixing. Damn, nevermind it only worked for one song.
There has got to be a better way.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:53 am
No. Just think it's a bug or maybe a codec that needs updating. Maybe when they added the zip they somehow deleted the codec for the .cdg. I'm not zipping all 13000 of my files.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:57 am
Mine seems to be working ok on cdg files but not on Zip files

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 5:09 am
Then I have no clue what's up.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 5:13 am

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 5:27 am
I changed the registry setting to 1 and it doesnt seem to be locking up now here at the house. Ill try it at the club this week and see if its stable. Still ... the coders and the dev team made great progress .. Thanks to all.

Matt

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 8:58 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you want it to play correctly with zip files, you must add the .zip extension in extension tab of VDJ config.

add zip extension to Karaoke cdg/zip decoder and it will work perfectly.

It is just that on your computer, VDJ doesn't know that it must decode zip files.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 1:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)