Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV: Time Slipping Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djltHome userMember since 2005
Ok I was just wondering, I've got my TCV's setup great with my Maya and computer... but I find when I'm beat juggling or scratching a lot... like the beat will slip backwards maybe 10-20 degrees anti-clockwise.

so say the beat was exactly south of the turntables, i scratch beat juggle, loop whatever... and now it will be south east... if that makes any sense.

Anyone else have this problem. gets quite annoying when I'm doing fast beat juggling/looping

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 9:18 pm
Well if you use loops, then it's quite normal that the beat doesn't end in the same position.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 9:25 pm
djltHome userMember since 2005
For example I meant when you loop the same 8 beats using 2 decks instead of just pressing the [8] button... anyone?

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:48 pm
I had this problem. I was showing off my TCV set up to a mate (only one deck admittidly until I can afford the full version) who is well into his old school hip hop. Tried scratching and noticed lag and said it wasn't that responsive and the beat changed position.

I was a bit annoyed and started playing with the settings. Changed the TTX-1 to LINE and put it in LINE on the mixer as it says in the manual (although it was working through phono for some reason) and changed the ASIO settings on the Maya44 to 'highspeed' (on the configuration page for the soundcard) and gave it 'high priority'. Rebooted, killed any extra TSR programs like Norton etc (for luck ;-) ) and tried again and it worked perfectly. One of these things changed it, so have a play as it is possible

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 3:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)