Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Does anyone have this program working correctly on a laptop?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Toshiba Satellite, and am having one hell of a time getting it to work with the seprate tv monitor.
Just currious if anyone else has been succesfull with a laptop.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 5:11 pm
Ok, Major breakthrough.
I have discovered that limitations of the laptop prevent the display through the Svidio connection, however the display works properly if I hook up a second monitor through the RS232 connection on the laptop. So now I have 2 additional questions. 1) is it possible to adapt the rs232 connector to an RCA type cable to connect to a TV? 2) is there a setting that allows the removal of the Vrtual DJ banner on the display screen?
Thanks again for any help.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 5:51 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1. yes, it is possible but with external hardware (i don't know if only with cable is possible). anyway.. why to tv??

2. upgrade to newest version of VDJ

Dj Nikki

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 6:02 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 6:06 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Funtunes I have it working on my toshiba satellite with the s-video. Upgrade your video driver. You probably have the a10?? So look for the most updated Intel Extreme video drivers.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 9:11 pm
DJ Homeboy, I have downloaded the new driver and stiil can only get a clone from the Svidio connection.
I downloaded the Virtual DJ upgrade out today and the logo is now in the bottom right corner and much smaller so I can live with that.
I also purchased a device from aver media that allows conversion from VGA to RCA so I can get it to work with that, but it cost over 70.00 so I would like to get it working directly from the Svidio port if possible.
Do you have yours working where the lyrics are displayed on the tv screen and the Virtual DJ control panel is displayed on the laptop at the same time?

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 12:02 am
The no logo patch no longer works with version 3.1. We need a new patch.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 2:27 am
Thank for the registry setting the logo is no more.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 3:07 pm
:)

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:19 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Albert, type 2 backsplashes for each one you want to see.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 6:12 pm
ahhh! ok, that explained things for me too.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 6:31 pm
Well it is correct that you can do a Windows regedit and change the hkey - software - virtual DJ and it will fix the logo just fine.

My laptop is a Sony VAIO and I have yet decided how it will video out the best but it will play on my laptop for sure.

It would not be advisable to run a karaoke show with only 512 meg of laptop memory and could lead to video problems. Be sure to have 1 meg for best results and faster loading of the karaoke files.

DJkaraok
Songs express feelings!

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 12:50 am
I use it all the time on my inspiron 9300. Video out works great (havent played with new scratching engine though). I run 2 xp10s.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 2:42 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i have a toshiba satelite to...no problems here..

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 9:00 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
got a HP ZV6000, kicks its great for around 1000$

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 7:27 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 8:51 pm
i have a HP nx9010, need more RAM tho.. motherboard blew, so im waiting for the new one to arrive

Posted Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 9:59 am
djpoterHome userMember since 2005
I don't now , so i please help !!!

Posted Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 8:56 am
triggz8Home userMember since 2005
It works perfectly for me. Couldn't be happier. I have a Packard Bell, 1 year old.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 1:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)