Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Buy Virtual DJ ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I'm searching for a software to play from time to time on our own party's, I was first looking at BPM Studio but the price (and dongle policy) is too high for me.

So I tried out many dj softwares and finally ended up downloading a trial of Virtual DJ, and I must say I like it.

But what I need is a little more convincing from current users! So, anyone who uses Virtual DJ and maybe also works with BPM Studio, give me some reasons why I should buy Virtual DJ!

I do need to be able to use a headphone as monitor, etc. I like the function "beatmatch" but wat to be able to disable it easy, etc. I have two sound cards and want to use them both.

So, who can convince me to buy Virtual DJ and not something else? And if I buy it, do I need to buy extra options with it, plugins?

Thanks!!!

Patrick

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 1:11 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The list is endless my friend, this product doesn't really need much selling, explore the trial version, and compare to the others, you'll see like we all did.., this product is a pioneer.

All updates so far have been free, and their is no additional fee for plugins, skins etc.

You can also make the software as automatic or as manual as you like, with the help of some skins..

Effectively you get the best DJ software and support avaliable, at a cost at the fraction of some of the others (which aren't half as good)..

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 1:33 pm

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 1:37 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Is the best software for the money. And it's very nice to get ALL updates at no cost, we all have the lastest version of this product. And VDJ is changing and being more and more good. Try the trial version (which have some restrictions) to known a little more of this product. When you get your purchase you got all VDJ power (and could use not only 2, you may use 5 Sound Cards if you whish).

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 4:11 pm
Yo On the Real,

I tried all those Dj programs including Ots, Mixmeister, Tactile 12000 and none of them can do what VDJ can do.

In all these forums, and in other Dj forums across the web, VDJ is listed as the best by regular users. Why? Its ease of use, its professional features, the great customized skins, real product support, and a host forum that actually works for problems and questions.

The program is great for beginners and for professionals. Once you add a console like Hercules or Behringer (Coming Soon) or TCV, then you really have a monster in your hands.

The right Laptop with Ram and Soundcard, plus the full version of this program, will give you the tools to be a portable VDJ.

Trust the folks on these forums, get the full version, read the guide, read the forums, download different skins, special effects, samples, and you will see that you made the wise investment.

But if you still have questions, then tune in to Virtual Dj radio where you can hear the incredible mixes people make live with this software. The number of users across the world using this program speaks for itself. Where else can you get a full Dj setup for less then 130 bucks?!? Just a couple of years back, all that could get you was a couple of records, not the tools to play them. LOL!

Take Care!
VDJ Batibiri

PS- Plugins, Samples, Skins, Loops, Support are all free for full version users. FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 5:17 pm
Also Pcoomans we have an awesome kickass Dev and Support Team that will help you through whatever problem that you are having. If they are busy, then you will find users such as us that are more than happy to help a fellow u$er get his DJing on! When I first started, I would post a question and within minutes someone was answering me back with answers! Just like that. Best investment I ever made. A really good, stable and pioneering software. I am proud to be part of this family!

MS

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 6:36 pm
Reading all this, and having tested & played a bit more I think I'm a convinced user!

I'll buy it, wasn't able to try out the different effect plugins because you need a registered version, but the different skins really did it as well as all the answers on this forum only a few hours after posting
So, yes: I will buy this software, thanks for the responses!

Patrick

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 11:46 pm
You've made the right decision, hope to see you soon as a full version user :)

The full version opens up a whole new world..,to Accompany VDJ, I reccomend a controller + external mixer.., their will be a whole new range of controllers released soon, so it's best to hang fire on this front.

Enjoy ;).

Posted Fri 05 Aug 05 @ 12:21 am
BangsarHome userMember since 2005
HI all
Virtual DJ USer
i kind of want to update my virtual dj, it block me to update, any clue for me to update my virtual dj

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 4:34 pm
Purchase the full version, and you'll have the updates available for you. I don't know which version you are currently using, and/or if you are able to update it. Maybe e-support can help you with that.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 4:49 pm
sla200xPRO InfinityMember since 2005
@ pcoomans

I am probably the most cynical SOB on the planet and therefore it is very hard to impress me with anything. So when I tell you this software is the best I kid you not. I use to use Traktor, which is a pretty solid software, but switch to VDJ and never looked back. Welcome!

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 10:04 pm
This will not be any new information with regards to VDJ, but felt that I should post info. There was a long test of the software and I even wanted to extend the test period but took a chance and tried the software.

I have been running DJ shows for 12 years now and have used mostly hardware and not software to run the shows. I always seem to get a good review from my customers but since I have been running the software on my laptop with an external hard drive the ability to put on a better show is being received with tremendous approval. My business will greatly increase and I do not have to work as hard when doing the show since VDJ does the work for me. There is not enough space for me to tell you to buy the software and you will be pleased with the product and also with all the help that the community and the support staff will provide.

If you need to speak to someone I would be glad to talk to you about the product.

DJkaraok
Sing loud!

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 1:14 am
I personally can recomend Vdj ,not that i have been useing to its full capacity,as i have not had it a long time ,had to sort all the technical configurations,with plenty of on line help from the other members,i am up and running with a smile as i am a full time Disc jock in a club as well as running my own mobile set up as well ,this package is perfect for private gigs,etc wedding,21st,i can go on,the list is endless..So with a smile i say this!!!

Cheers Dj graham[Musicmatch]

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 8:16 pm
welcome Dj graham.. Good to see you here :)

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 12:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)