Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording with external mixer Audigy 2 soundcard problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

I just upgrading to a fast gaming/audio computer. I haven't bought Virtual DJ yet (I plan to) but I wanted to get me version of Atomix up and running again. I've got the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (thats the one with the front bay) and have installed the latest drivers and the lastest version of Atomix (2.3). Firstly, here is my setup:

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS soundcard.
Pioneer DJM-600 external mixer.
Speakers are in-roof mounted in a home-audio setup.

Now here's my problem:

I want to be able to run a line out from the computer straight into the speaker input's, bypassing my mixer so I dont have to have it turned on when playing games/movie's etc on my computer. Then I need 2 outputs for Atomix and then I want to record from my mixer using the line-in.

Its hard to explain. What happens is I get a feedback loop where sound is going out to the mixer and then coming back to the PC, effectively doubling the input. I need to run the master out on the PC through another line other than the one atomix use's.

How do I have it so that the record-out on my mixer goes into the line-in on my PC, then out to the speakers without getting a feedback loop when I un-mute my line in.

In the past I used 2 sound cards with Atomix and never had a problem.

How I want to do it is have the main line-out from my Audigy going to the speakers, then line-out's 2 and 3 on my Audigy going to CH1 & CH2 on my mixer. I can't seem to set the software to config specific line's. Then record using the line-in.

Is there better more professinal software for the Audigy? Maybe other drivers that work better? Maybe its better recording software (I'm using Audacity).

I'm really stuck. If anyone could help I'd love them forever! Let me know if I have to clarify anything, sorry if its confusing.

Rick.

P.S. I know people think soundblaster's are bad, please dont say get another card or something like that. I need help, not opinion's on creative.

Posted Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 6:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)