Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: A few seconds of black screen...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have version 2.3 newly installed. I am running Windows XP Professional.

When I start the AtomixMP3 program, I get about 3-4 seconds of black screen immediately after the splash logo. The same thing happens when I minimize the window, or click on the Taskbar icon, and when I close the program.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

(It doesn't affect the music. I have deleted and re-installed the program. I closed all other applications during startup.)

Posted Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 3:15 am
Hi,

I think it's a screen resolution problem. Try to use a 1024x768 resolution on your PC screen

Coyote

Posted Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 4:44 am
1024 x 768 is my screen resolution.

I tried uninstalling v23 and running a previous version (v22, which ran perfectly under Windows ME), but that did not solve the blackout problem. I played with various Desktop Display Properties settings (icon size etc.) to no avail. I uninstalled several programs in the idea possibly there was a software conflict, to no avail. I ran WinDoctor, virus scan, spyware removal and downloaded all the available Windows XP upgrades from Microsoft.

When I start AtomixMP3, the screen flickers to black for about 4 seconds.

If I open a Desktop folder while playing AtomixMP3, the folder opens normally, but the screen blacks out when I close the folder. This only happens when I am playing AtomixMP3.

If I minimize AtomixMP3 while playing music, most of my desktop icons disappear (IE Explorer and Recycle Bin remain). When I close AtomixMP3, the screen goes black for 4 seconds, then my desktop icons reappear again.

Anytime I Open, Minimize, Maximize or Close AtomixMP3, I get the 4-second blackout.

Do you have any additional ideas how to fix this? I'm stumped...

Posted Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 12:22 am
One possibility: I have the new 256mb Radeon X800 XT Graphics card that just became available. Do you think perhaps that is the problem?

Everything works except the AtomixMP3...

Posted Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 8:30 pm
So nobody has an idea how to fix this? I uninstalled AtomixMP3, reinstalled it and when I clicked on the shortcut icon, all the icons on my desktop moved out of place. I'm stumped.

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 1:19 am
Do you use a 1024x768 skin or a 800x600 ?

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 4:26 am
Whatever the default is. I haven't made any changes...

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 12:44 am
Ok, the default skin is for a 800 x 600 resolution screen, go to the add-ons page and try a skin with 1024 x 768 resolution, or don't clic on "full screen" with the default skin.

Coyote

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 1:39 am
Thank you for hanging in there with me Coyote DJ. That skin idea worked!

Actually, I did two things: 1) I downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card from the manufacturer, and 2) I took you advice and downloaded the new skin (I think it is called Darkfun-- it's great!).

Everything works perfectly!

Posted Sat 07 Aug 04 @ 11:00 pm
swa5000Home userMember since 2004
I have had the same problem with my computer for a while now. Every time a program changes the screen resolution, i.e. AtomixMP3, a game, or fullscreen video, the screen turns black or flickers. From what I have heard, this is a pretty normal problem for video cards when the resolution of the screen is being switched from 640x480-800x600-1024x768, etc.

Posted Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 9:24 pm
It’s not the resolution. Check out the desktop size. The desktop size could be slightly off to one side. Move your mouse curser to the left edge of the desktop, if the curser completely disappears you need to adjust that side of the desktop. Same for the right, top and bottom. That should do the trick..

Posted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 7:23 am
I am having this problem also since installing 4.0. How do you adjust the desktop size? I have never heard of this and can't find anything on Google.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 5:32 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
to adjust monitor size right click your desktop

click properties , then go to the settings tab

here you will see the available screen sizes

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 6:16 pm
I understand how to adjust the resolution, but what I am asking is how to adjust the desktop size like paulettecerra suggested.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 6:29 pm
go online and download the latest drivers for your video card and sound card. You'll notice a huge change.. and no more black screen

Posted Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 1:35 am
Thanks Mad Maxx, that will be the next step.

Posted Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 7:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)