Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please give me a nam or link to a sound card.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bcblairHome userMember since 2004
I am outputting to a strong stereo system. I I have mini jacks now and split and convert to RCA. Is there a better way. I have a Gateway 433 MHZ with the sound card as part of the motherboard.

The recommended card is

Sound Card:
3D PCI soundcard with WDM drivers

I have foung cards that are PCI and 3d but can't tell if they are WMD Drivers.

Can you give me alink to one or give me a name brand and model. I want a good one, but feel no need to waste money, if a cheap one will work and sound as good.

TIA

Posted Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 11:31 pm
First of all, you can't split the output signal with the atomixmp3 trial version. You need a full version to do this.

Coyote

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 2:16 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You should update your profile with your serial so that you show up as a full user.
You may not get many sound card answers as a demo user.

I personaly don't feel that spending a lot of money on a sound card is needed. Most standard sound devices do a fine job.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 4:02 pm
I have the full version, how do I update my profile.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 9:56 pm
Nevermind I got it updated.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 10:04 pm
I use a Sound Blaster PCI 512 card in club (It's a 3D card), and I have a very good sound with it.

A lot of user here use a Sound Blaster Live and have a good sound and no problem with it too.

I think it's a good choice for quality/price

Coyote

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 10:30 pm
I cant find the 512 on their website or elsewhere. The Live card says 5 to 1 do I ignore the extra channels? This is going in a club. I am just providing the PC and the software, we will have our sound man for bands DJing during breaks.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 11:45 pm
The Sound Blaster PCI 512 is an older card with 2 outputs, the Sound Blaster Live is the same but you have an extra output for a subwoofer.
With the SB Live card, you connect to rear and front output, that’s all :-)

Coyote

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 2:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)