Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: atomixMP3 Internal Database vs. mp3database.txt

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jsaudioHome userMember since 2004
What is the difference between these two files? I recently ran out of room on my system so I replaced both drives with 200GB models. After my new partitioning scheme, the drive letters were not the same so I opened the txt file in MSWord and did a find/replace on all the entries. I don't seem to have any problems and everything seems to work fine. But I wonder. The two files grow together so what, if anything, should be done to the other? My reason for going this route is because a new fresh scan with analyse on >35,000 files takes more than a day so I only do it if I have to. Any remarks are appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 6:04 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The mp3database.txt is like a history file of the songs you have played with AtomixMP3.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 8:55 pm
jsaudioHome userMember since 2004
No, that is incorrect. The mp3database.txt is the file that the search function uses. I know this because if you make changes to it, it directly affects your search. For instance, when I moved my song library to another drive and made changes to the filenames in the .txt file, my search capability returned. So, my question still stands... What is the file "atomixmp3 internal database" for and what does it do?
Thanks,
Joe

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 9:27 pm
DJ Coco comment is correct : The "mp3database.txt" contain the history of the songs you play in atomixmp3.

The "atomixmp3 internal database", contain the BPM, the "comments" and "where is the song in hard drive" of each analysed song.

If you lose or corrupt your "atomixmp3 internal database" you must re-analyse all your songs. Be sure to make a frequent backup of this database.

Coyote

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 10:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)