Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SB Live -> Mixer -> SB Live recording problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HI,
I have a strange problem with the SB Live. I have an SB live plugged into a Pioneer DJM-300s Mixer. It also has 2 digital Stanton STR8-100 turntables. One output ofthe mixer goes to the amp (so I can hear music) andthe other back into the line in of the SB Live.

The problem is recording. I can play from the SB live into the mixer and it sounds perfect, so the playing part is all good. I can record perfectly when I am using my decks, so the record part is all good. I cannot, however, record properly when playing from the SB Live and recording back onto it (ie. 2 line-outs go into the mixer and the line-out of the mixer goes into the line-in of the SB live). It does record but there are clicks here and there which you can hear when when it is playing (not just on the recording). as soon as I stop recording the cliking stops.

I know all the cables works OK because the recording from my deck is crystal. I have XP home with just over half a GIG of RAM on a PIII 750. The CPU is never maxed out.

I can only think that it is a direct sound or driver problem (version 5.1.2603.0 / date 26/06/2002)

If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

H.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 03 @ 9:34 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can`t use atomix to record in that way. You`ll need to use another soft (such as cooledit) to record.
Atomix records what you play with it and not with an external mixer.

Bye,
DJ Coco

Posted Wed 15 Oct 03 @ 7:58 pm
Yeah I am using Cool Edit Pro to record and atomix to play

I think it is actually CPU now. I am going to decompress the mp3s I am preparing for the recording into WAV to lower the usage a bit and if that doesn't work, then get my other PC to do the recording.

H

Posted Fri 17 Oct 03 @ 2:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)