Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Selling music to radio stations...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi everyone...
I need your help please..
I've been DJaying for a long time now and i love mixing...been mixing alot of music...and recieved great comments from everyone. people in the club love the way i mix songs...coz sometimes i love to do a remake of and old school song or something. I'm down for anything coz i love music.

now i only need some help..i hope you all can help me...I mix and creat some new hot original stuff...I really work hard...so i would like to know if anybody can guide me to a website or anything where i can sell my music or do a business with radio stations or record companies. I'm located in the middle east and i would like to hit it in the U.S.A.....U.K ..Europe or worldwide.

so please help me out in this....thanx

Posted Fri 12 Sep 03 @ 5:58 am
DJFlavaHome userMember since 2003
hi everyone...
I need your help please..
I've been DJaying for a long time now and i love mixing...been mixing alot of music...and recieved great comments from everyone. people in the club love the way i mix songs...coz sometimes i love to do a remake of and old school song or something. I'm down for anything coz i love music.

now i only need some help..i hope you all can help me...I mix and creat some new hot original stuff...I really work hard...so i would like to know if anybody can guide me to a website or anything where i can sell my music or do a business with radio stations or record companies. I'm located in the middle east and i would like to hit it in the U.S.A.....U.K ..Europe or worldwide.

so please help me out in this....thanx

*** sorry...the message above was written by me...forgot to sign in :-) ***

Posted Fri 12 Sep 03 @ 6:01 am

Posted Mon 15 Sep 03 @ 4:31 am
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
dimitris, do you sell using cafepress?

If so, do you worry about copyright and piracy laws?

Cause if you are selling mix cd's you need the consent of whoever owns the rights to each sample, track, or tune you use.

Cafepress looks like a brilliant idea. I want to put my own cd on there, but with 50+ songs I fear the risks may be too high.

What do you think?

Posted Mon 22 Sep 03 @ 2:53 am
i agree with jukesy...

what to do??

but is it really infringement??

Posted Mon 22 Sep 03 @ 6:40 am
I dont sell cds cause...actually i pay for sharing my cds that are free for download online (i belive good music must be free for everyone).I dont know about the rules in your country but in Greece a mixed cd is the work of a a dj and not a work of the author of the song.So it is not illegal to sell your mix if you write on the box the artist names and the track names that you used.Ofcourse this is a law that only few djs know so they are making some compilation with 1 sec crossfade between the songs and sell it as their work without paying for the rights.There is always a mirror in the laws you just have to find it.Good that i have brother lawer

Posted Mon 22 Sep 03 @ 9:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)